You already know I love celebrating when other people succeed, right? Congratulations Cards and You’re Awesome Cards are just as common in The Fungeon as Birthday Cards or Thank You Cards. I just love the joy that a card can create – today, I’m sharing a Bravo card I made for Candy Ford, a member of my Stampin’ Up! team who has just been “blowing it up” this year. Not only has Candy earned this year’s Getaway Trip to Newport Beach, but she’s well on her way to replacing that with the Grand Vacation (a Mediterranean cruise). Earlier this year, she earned Stampin’ Up!’s prestigious Rising Star award, too. I couldn’t be happier for her. Here’s a quick-and-easy card I made for Candy:
Before I talk about the card, here’s a picture of Candy and me – I gave her this card on Sunday during her meeting with her team. My team is called InKing Royalty, and Candy’s team is [appropriately] called The SweetHearts (Candy has smartly themed her business around candy). Candy’s blog is Stamp Candy (stampcandy.net) – where the stamping is sweet.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- A Sweet Color Combination. A sticky-sweet color combination seemed appropriate for this card to Candy. Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie couldn’t be any sweeter – and together they are possibly too sweet. The Pacific Point, still bright and cheery, helped to tame the sweetness a bit. If you like this combination of colors, too, please feel free to save this:
- Swirling Stars. I just love the photopolymer set So You in the Occasions Catalog. These stars are featured in this adorable set – no need to dress them up or layer them differently. I love them all by themselves. Because the set is photopolymer, I could easily create a beautiful pattern with the stars because the see-through stamp allowed for perfect placement. I stamped the larger stars in Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie and a bunch of the smaller stars in Pacific Point.
- A Bold Banner. The pink-on-orange banner is ridiculously sweet, but oh-so-appropriate for Candy. It might hurt the eyes a little bit, but it’s still a special combination. The letters to spell BRAVO were cropped with the Little Letters Thinlits (easy-peasy), and I let the banner hang over both ends of the center piece. So fun!
Stamp Sets: So You Papers: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White Inks: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point Accessories: Little Letters Thinlits Die, Hexagon punch (for Banner Tip), Stampin’ Dimensionals
Candy might disown me for sharing this lovely picture (her face is not camera- ready), but I think it nicely shows the table of food she had for her team and a peak into her craft space.
Candy’s blog is Stamp Candy (stampcandy.net) – I hope you’ll pop over and show her a little love today!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Spring One-for-One Swap. I have announced my Spring One-for-One Swap. If you haven’t participated in one of these, NOW is the time. It’s a great way to share your work with others and receive a beautiful card in return. I’ll even share the projects on my blog – you don’t want to miss out on this! There’s not a lot of time to mail your card to me, so start preparing your beauty. For more information about this swap, please check out this post.
IN WITH THE OLD & OUT WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.