It seems I’ve been unintentionally combining items from the “old” catalog with items from the “new and upcoming” catalog. Two worlds combine. Although time is ticking for you to purchase Curly Cute (it officially retires June 3), you have lots of time to think about how you want to use Mosaic Madness and the coordinating punch and embossing folder – and you will want them all.
I’ve seen several projects I like with this stamp, punch and embossing folder. Most of the ones I really like use a minimal number of punched items. I chose to cover my page. Very unlike me. Here’s how I made the card:
- I covered a card base of Early Espresso card stock with a piece of Baked Brown Sugar card stock.
- I ran a piece of Pear Pizzazz through my Modern Mosaic Textured Embossing Folder. What an incredible pattern this folder creates.
- On Very Vanilla, I stamped several images from Mosaic Madness in four coordinating colors – Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz. I punched them and staggered them on the card front.
- I snipped the edges of the punched pieces that didnt’ fit on the embossed card front.
- Finally I stamped the sentiment and added it to the front.
All these shapes and textures are not like me, but let’s be honest – this card is not about those things. This card is about the collection of colors. I really love the Earthy combination of Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar and Pear Pizzazz. I was really jazzed about the combination of the three, but the three needed a fourth color to complement them. They needed a fourth color to balance them out. As I scanned through my color choices, Pool Party seemed to be the one that really stood out. And so it was that Pool Party would complete the color scheme for this card.
Stamp Sets: Mosaic Madness, Curly Cute Inks: Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party Papers: Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla Accessories: Mosaic punch
Swatch Books and Shares. Don’t forget about my Designer Series Paper Swatch Books and Product Shares. Find out more here.
You’ve got a Window. This year, though, there’s a crossover between periods. Beginning around noon on Friday, May 31 through Monday, June 3, orders can be placed from either the 2012-2013 Catalog, the 2013-2104 Catalog and the 2013 Spring Catalog. Isn’t that crazy? It’s crazy and exciting!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!