Dang those adorable glassine bags from the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit! I can’t seem to get it out of my head that the children in my new neighborhood must receive their candy in these cute bags. Fill the bags with candy, wrap the bags with Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper, and we have a simple and easy Halloween candy bag:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders:
Glassine Bag Wraps
- Trim a piece of Designer Series Paper to 12′ x 3′. Score at 1″, 5-1/4″, 6-3/4″ and 11″. Fold up at the center-most score lines:
- Insert candy-filled glassine bag. I stapled the top of the bag on the left and tied the one on the right with Basic Black 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon. Could that petite ribbon be more perfect?
Gift bag tags
I was suprised to see that the Toxic Treats sentiment fit so nicely into Stampin’ Up!’s Extra-Large Tag punch. Since there’s no Extra-Extra-Large Tag punch, I had to improvise to create the borders around the tag. Here’s how I did it:
- Punch the sentiment with the Extra-Large Tag punch.
- Adhere the punched piece to another color of card stock.
- Line up the straight edges of the punched image against the inner-most guide of the trimmer. Hold the image tight and trim away. Work your way around the entire tag. You’ll have a consistent edge all the way around.
Tiny Tombstone Card
After I completed my glassine bag wraps, I wanted a little card to go with. I’m not sure I would ever send a tiny tombstone-shaped card to anyone, but it sure is cute. Here’s how I made it:
- Score a piece of scrap paper.
- Stamp the top of the image along the score lined.
- Fold the card stock in half and feed it into the Decorative Label punch.
Stamp set: Toxic Treats Inks: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black Papers: Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango Accessories: 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Decorative Label punch, Extra-Large Tag punch, Paper Piercing Tool
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
It’s not too late to order your Triple Time Stamping Card Kits. Do you want to make your own Triple Time Stamping cards for the holidays? Let me do all the work for you. Buy your kit from me here! Do you want pre-cut and scored card stock for your holiday cards? Contact me, and let’s make it happen.