Sometimes we need a card that’s not designed for a particular event (but can be easily used for any reason). As master cardmakers, we should definitely keep a few of these cards on-hand so that we can grab them when a need arises. I love playing with card sizes, so I’ve designed a 4″ x 4″ card that I think will be perfect for either a man or a woman, either a birthday or a congratulations and either a wedding or a funeral. I’ve not added a sentiment here – that can be added at last minute, if necessary:
As I was playing around with a bunch of shapes and sizes, I was excited to see that the lattice cutout fits nicely inside the Window Frames Framelits – it’s like they were made for each other. I couldn’t resist making that fit the center of this card.
- The Bravo Burgundy base of this card is 4″ x 8″ and scored at 4″.
- The Very Vanilla front is 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″.
- I cropped the Bravo Burgundy Window Frames Framelit twice – once with the smaller size and then again with the larger. I know, I know. I COULD have just cut another piece of Very Vanilla to layer inside the Bravo Burgundy – but I didn’t. If I had to make several of this card, then I would take this easier approach.
- I cropped the lattice from the woodgrain piece of Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper. This paper is already embossed to add a wonderful texture to this card.
- I traced the cutouts (the little pieces that pop out of the center) on Bravo Burgundy card stock and trimmed them just a bit larger than their actual size.
- Put them together, and what have you got? Bibbity bobbity boo! And a beautiful all-purpose card!
Papers: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper Accessories: Lattice Bigz Die, Window Frame Framelits
Nope! I’m not going to let you leave just yet! Stampin’ Up! started the day yesterday with some great new announcements, and I want to share them with you!
Photopolymer Stamps. Over the past several years, many of us have slowly moved from wood-mount to clear-mount stamps. Clear-mount is sort of a misnomer because the images, themselves, are not clear. NOW, Stampin’ Up! is offering Photopolymer stamps that allow us to see completely through the stamps. These are offered on a trial basis, so grab them now! All of this for $13.95.
March is here! Can you believe it’s March already?!? Doesn’t it seem like we just celebrated New Year’s Day? Well, the beginning of March means we have a new “Best of…” stamp set – Here are the images found in March’s stamp set – Best of Flowers:The stamp set is only $14.95 and is available in clear-mount.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!