I love my punches – each one has a very special place in my heart. Sad thing is…I’m not exaggerating at all. 🙂 The new What’s Up Punch gives us TWO options for the punch – it includes a thick arrow and a thin, pointed arrow. Both images are available in the What’s Up? stamp set. Of course I was happy to roll my sleeves up and get to work with this punch and set to make something interesting and unique.
Here’s a card I made with What’s Up? and the coordinating punch:
- Finding a Unique Pattern. As always, I was excited to play around with the arrow punch to create a fun and unique pattern. I had fun coming up with this pattern. End-to-end, the arrows line up to 5-1/2″, so they fit perfectly along the card front. Woo hoo! My original card had three Marina Mist arrows on the top and four Perfect Plum arrows on the bottom. After everything was glued down, I decided to cover three of the arrows with Rose Red arrows. Because the punch generates the exact same image every time, I simply glued the Rose Red arrows onto the card.
- A Fun Color Combination. The inspiration for this color combination is simple: I wanted to use two colors that I don’t often use – Rose Red and Perfect Plum. When Marina Mist is added in, the three colors are brilliant! Feel free to print or Pin this color combination for future reference:
- Recreating this Image. In case you want to recreate this look, I’m sharing the measurements:
- The Perfect Plum piece is 2″ tall, and the Marina Mist piece is 1-3/4″ tall.
- I cropped a 3/4″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Rose Red on which I glued the tips of the arrows, end-to-end. After all of the arrows were glued down, I snipped the ends of the Rose Red piece.
Stamp Sets: What’s Up? Papers: Rose Red, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Whisper White Inks: Rose Red, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum Accessories: What’s Up punch, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Click on any of these pictures to learn more about Stampin’ Up!’s current promotions: