Since the moment I set my gaze on the 2015 Occasions Catalog, I’ve been fascinated with From the Herd, a super-fun and super-cute stamp sets with a pile of adorable animals. I had a load of fun when I pulled out the stamp set to create today’s card for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge. Here’s my card:
- Stampin’ Blendabilities. Blendabilities are a perfect way for you to get a “coloring fix” – to escape for a bit with a little mindless painting of images with beautiful colors. You can also paint on Designer Series Paper (for more information, click here) to customize it to the colors you desire. Today, I painted a white embossed image with Blendabilities to create a super-fun image. The entire list of colors I used here is listed below.
- A Snippy Balloon. The pile of adorable animals was really cute, but it needed something festive and fun to honor the birthday for which the card is intended. The balloon added a little intrigue to the image, but it also added the bright pop of color this card needed. While the bottom of the balloon’s string is glued to the card base, the balloon pops over the white Painted Blooms cotton twine.
- Oopsies. Doh! I cut my Early Espresso base larger than I intended. Once I painted it all and added the white border (I couldn’t give that up), the pieces were really, really close to the edges of a standard card front. Since I wasn’t willing to recreate this card front (this time), I decided to increase the size of the card base so that everything fit the way I wanted it. Using a 12″ x 12″ piece of Crumb Cake card stock, I cut this piece to 12″ x 4-3/4″ and scored at 6″. All fixed – and thanks to the envelope punch board, I can create an envelope in which this card fits. 🙂
Stamp Sets: From the Herd Papers: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White Inks: Early Espresso, Stampin’ Blendabilities (Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler, Skin Tone Assortment, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie, Coastal Cabana, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight) Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Painted Blooms Cotton Twine, Project Life Corner Rounder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
NEW SALE-A-BRATION ITEMS. Starting March 1, Stampin’ Up! will be adding FOUR NEW SALE-A-BRATION ITEMS to the lineup of products you can earn with each $50 purchase. Mine arrived late yesterday, and I’m excited to share them with you today. Here are the four new items:
- Nature’s Perfection Stamp Set (set of 5)
- For Being You Stamp Set (set of 4)
- Sheer Perfection Designer Vellum Stack (24 6″x6″ sheets)
- In Color Accessory Pack (5 yards of five colors, 30 small designer buttons)
STAMPIN’ BLENDABILITIES. Awkward! Today’s post was supposed to excite you to finally purchase all the shades of Blendabilities or earn them through Sale-a-Bration. Unfortunately, though, Stampin’ Up! has turned off all the order numbers for Blendabilities while they work through some quality issues. As such, you won’t be able to order them now. If you have them, please try this – it’s super-fun. 🙂
I hope you’ll pop over to Freshly Made Sketches to see the other cards with this sketch or to play along.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Join during Sale-a-Bration. During Sale-a-Bration, customers earn free product, hosts can earn free product and you can earn free product when you join my team. You can choose between two Sale-a-Bration items or one of the kits in the Occasions Catalog when you buy the Starter Kit ($125 of your choice of product for just $99) during Sale-a-Bration. If you’ve EVER wanted to earn a discount on Stampin’ Up! products, here’s your chance. Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss further with me – I’d LOVE to talk with you. To buy the Starter Kit, please CLICK HERE.