It’s been a while since I’ve talked about My Bucket of Lost Dreams, a container that holds scraps and pieces from cards that never saw the light of day. I keep the pieces there and just reach in when I want to make a quick card. This sentiment has been sitting in the Bucket of Lost Dreams for almost three months now. Here’s my card:
And here’s the Freshly Made Sketches challenge banner that inspired my project:
- Masking. This sentiment, cropped with Word Bubbles Framelits, has been sitting around for a while. I’m so happy I was able to finally use it. “Sorry You’re Sick” was stamped with VersaMark (I masked off the rest of the sentiment) and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. The rest of the image was masked and stamped at the base of the Sahara Sand panel. To see my video about masking, click here.
- Color Combination. The colors on this card are 100% inspired by the combination of colors found in the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack – Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Sahara Sand. If you like this combination, too, feel free to save this:
- Staying Neutral. With the bursting shades of purple and yellow in this Designer Series Paper Stack and the bold Blackberry Bliss word bubble, I wanted to make sure the Sahara Sand really pulled through on the band that runs across the front of the card. Hello Honey just wasn’t working – seems inappropriate to give a sick person a card that looks jaundice. Hello Honey – no. Sahara Sand – yes.
I hope you’ll pop over to Freshly Made Sketches to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Stamp sets: Fabulous Four Papers: Sahara Sand, Blackberry Bliss, Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack Inks: Blackberry Bliss Accessories: Word Bubbles Framelits, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Spring One-for-One Swap. Time is running out to join my Spring One-for-One Swap. If you haven’t participated in one of these, NOW is the time. It’s a great way to share your work with others and receive a beautiful card in return. I’ll even share the projects on my blog – you don’t want to miss out on this! There’s not a lot of time to mail your card to me, so start preparing your beauty. 🙂 For more information about this swap, please check out this post.
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.