You already know how much I love to play with colors, right? I am thrilled by unique and beautiful pairings – I see them in our Designer Series Papers and the samples in our catalogs. I see beautiful color combinations in catalogs and textiles. Sometimes they happen by chance – as you’ll see in this video. I’m excited to start playing with the 2015-2017 In Colors, too!
I have more tips after the video. 🙂
Here’s my video:
Tips for Color Pairing
In my video, I share cards from my Color Coach. The Color Coach is going away with the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog, but the same effect can be achieved with scrap pieces of card stock. Here are some additional tips for combining colors:
- Pair colors with printed Designer Series Papers to pull colors from the selected pages.
- Start with pairings of two colors. Move on to pairings of three when you feel good about what you’re creating with two.
- Select from complementing colors – one blue, one green, one yellow. One brown, one yellow, one red. One purple, one red, one orange. Your choices will never fail you if you balance them appropriately on the project.
- Spread color choices over the color families – Brights, Subtles, Regals and Neutrals. Don’t be afraid to mix families.
- Don’t forget about the Neutrals – they can sometimes be a terrific foundation for project.
I hope you find this video and additional tips helpful. People are often afraid to create their own color combinations, but (as you see) there’s absolutely nothing to be afraid of.
Want more? If you missed my “Getting Started with Card Making” video, I touch on other ways to be inspired by color. You can see it here.
Thanks for stopping by today!
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.