After battling jet lag for a week, I’ve begun to adjust to my daily schedule – just in time for a three day weekend to mess it all up again. 🙂 This has really been an incredible week, and I have lots to share. Please stick around after the card to see what’s so incredible about this week. First I want to share this card I made with some sneak peek items from Stampin’ Up!’s 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Color Collection Designer Series Papers. When I saw that Stampin’ Up! was retiring the Backgrounds Designer Series Papers from the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog, I vowed I wouldn’t buy any more. The zig-zags and chevrons were difficult for me to use, so you didn’t see them a lot here. BUT…my mind was changed when I saw the new patterns in the new papers (now called Color Collection Designer Series Papers). There’s a page of beautiful words, stripes, flowers and polka dots. PERFECTION! Sign me up for all of them!
- Font Guy. You already know that I’m a sucker for a beautiful font, right? This sentiment from Best Thoughts, a new Host Set in the Annual Catalog, had me at “best”. Sold! I wasn’t sure how I would use it, but I know now. Is there a better way to say “you are awesome, but you’re only getting better?” More on that later.
- Flip it. The Neutrals Color Collection Designer Series Paper includes pages with Silver and Gold. Yippee! I used the gold paper here – the flowers are on the back of the stripes. I cut the piece of paper to the size I wanted and then cut it randomly across the middle. I flipped that piece over to reveal the pattern on the back of the paper. Does it get any easier than that?
Stamp Sets: Best Thoughts Papers: Neutrals Color Collection Designer Series Paper (Gold), Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
SO…what’s so incredible about this week? Why a card that says “the best is yet to come”?
- Executive King. I celebrated my 3-year anniversary with Stampin’ Up! in March. In some ways it feels like I just started, and in some ways it feels like I’ve been here forever. The day after I returned from my Incentive Trip to Hawaii, one of my team members promoted to Manager (a combination of sales and team leadership). That was the last piece of the puzzle to help me to promote to Executive. How fun!? Every customer, every team member, every blog reader – you’ve all helped me (in one way or another) to promote to this new title, and I’m so grateful. This card is for Candy Ford, my team member who was the last piece.
- Product Shares. I’m announcing my 2015-2016 Annual Catalog Product Shares and Swatchbooks tomorrow! I’m really excited about the new products in the new catalog, and I think you will be, too. What a great way to try out the new items in the catalog – the papers, ribbons and accessories! I hope you’ll sign up!
- Facelift. As Stamp with Brian ages, a bit of a facelift is required. Tomorrow, the blog will look a little different – but the content will all be the same. I hope you like the new look – it’s modern and fresh and handsome (JUST LIKE ME). 🙂
Thanks for stopping by today!
Fill Your Starter Kit with Sneak Peek Items from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. Have you ever thought about buying Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit? Whether you want a discount on the Stampin’ Up! products you buy or you want to make some money in a craft you love, this is a GREAT TIME to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. AND you can add items from the upcoming catalog – read more here.