The excitement around yesterday’s announcement of product shares and Designer Series Swatch Books , had me energized all day long. If you missed that post, please check it out here – I don’t want you to be left out in the cold. As I started to make swatch books for some of the papers I picked up in my demonstrator pre-order, I realized that there are some really bold (and often times intimidating) patterns in some of these papers. They are a must-have, but they have to be handled with care. That’s why I created this video to share some of the “rules” around pairing patterns in Designer Series Papers. The “rules” are not mandatory, but they generally hold true.
Throughout the video, I refer to “Bold Patterns.” I sometimes refer to “Busy Patterns.” I consider those terms interchangeable. Here’s my video:
In summary, here are the general rules I’ve found help me to work with patterned papers:
- Define Bold Patterns and Not-Bold Patterns.
- Do not pair Bold Patterns with Bold Patterns.
- Carefully select complementary accent colors with Bold Patterns.
- Buy Designer Series Paper Swatch Books from Brian King by clicking here.
Those are very basic rules, but I hope you’ll find them helpful.
Over the past year, I have shared other videos that I would consider Cardmaking Basics videos. If you’d like to learn more, click on any of the following:
- Card Design – Getting Started
- Three Types of Stamps: A Summary
- Tips for Beautiful Color Selection
- Creating Perfect Borders
This week is going to be jam-packed with brand new products – there’s so much to show, and I’m excited to share it. Please come back!
Thanks for stopping by today!