Oooh! I’m excited to share today’s quick-and-simple card for the FabFri66 Sketch Challenge. As I sorted through my product shares last weekend, cutting and sorting and packaging, I was painfully prohibited from playing with the super-sweet and super-adorable Sweet Li’l Things Designer Series Paper. What a struggle! When I finally had a bit of time to create, I made this card:
And here’s Mindy Backes’ sketch that inspired my project:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Sweet Li’l Things Designer Series Paper. You might not be able to see all of these ADORABLE patterns when you look at this paper in Stampin’ Up!’s 2015-2016 Annual Catalog, but take a closer look – turtles, strawberries and clouds. How could you pass on this versatile and colorful paper? I paired a bunch of tiny patterns – and that seemed to work for me here. Click on the picture below to see the fun patterns up-close-and-personal in my online store (Stampin’ Up! offers close-up looks there):
- Happy Notes & Label Framelits Bundle. I zeroed in on this adorable “oh, baby baby” sentiment from the new stamp set Happy Notes – not only is it adorable, but it fits perfectly with these new Framelits – who doesn’t love that?! I stamped the sentiment in Tangelo Twist and cropped it with the Label Framelits. I stamped it again in Watermelon Wonder (after cleaning the stamp, of course) and snipped out the adorable heart. This stamp set and Framelit bundle was one of my Favorite Things from this catalog – you can see the rest of my list here.
- Unexpected Baby Colors. You don’t normally think of bright pink and deep orange as sweet baby colors, but these colors really work well together – especially when paired with the Very Vanilla backdrop – to create an adorable baby card. If you like this combination, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Happy Notes Papers: Sweet Li’l Things Designer Series Paper, Watermelon Wonder, Tangelo Twist, Very Vanilla Inks: Watermelon Wonder, Tangelo Twist Accessories: Label Collection Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Fab Friday Challenge site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Round Two of Product Shares is Underway. Did you miss out on my first round of product shares? If you want to get in on this wonderful way to get a portion of a lot of stuff, join in today. For more information (or to sign up), click here.
Want Free Stamps? During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 day.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.