I sometimes get brain-freeze when I try to fit objects into a sketch challenge. Once I just playing around with my paper and inks and stamps and punches, the finished project always seems to work itself out. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with this week’s PPA sketch, but I’m really happy with this sweet baby card that showcases a wonderful, new stamp set from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. Here’s my card:
And here’s Nicole Watt’s sketch that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Made with Love. One of the first stamp sets that jumped out at me from the Annual Catalog was Made with Love, another baby set that coordinates beautifully with the Baby’s First Framelits. It wasn’t the Framelits that sold me on this set, though – it was the adorable bunny, dear and cat that told me to buy this photopolymer set. I mean, really – could these little animals be any more adorable?
- Trip. Punch. Crop. Snip. This simple image has the makings of a wonderful first-timer’s workshop. Not only is the sentiment punched with a Large Oval punch, but the onesie is cropped with the Baby’s First framelits, and the ends of the banner (which is cut from a polka-dotted piece of Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper) are hand snipped. When you add the layers beneath it, we have covered four fun ways to cut paper!
- Alternative Baby Card Colors. I love when unexpected colors make a card complete. I knew I was going to use Pool Party on this baby card, but Sahara Sand was my unexpected friend for this project. If you like this combination, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Made with Love Papers: Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White, Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Baby’s First Framelits, Large Oval punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to The Pals Paper Arts to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t Miss This Amazing Opportunity to Join in June. During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 days.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.