By now you know that I love a Clean-and-Layered look. Because I love to play with paper so much, I like to get as much paper on a card as I can without making the project feel cluttered or overwhelmed. Make sense? With six layers of card stock, today’s project is still super-clean. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Two Stamp Sets, One Sentiment. The sentiment on the front panel of this card is the combination of two stamps: the “H HAPPY” is from a fun little set called Project Life This is the Life, and the “birthday” is from Endless Birthday Wishes. While the two weren’t necessarily designed to go together, they work perfectly to create a super-happy birthday greeting. Here are the two sets I used (click on either to see the products in my online store):
- The Cherry on Top. This vibrant, bubbly piece of paper from the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack is perfect for any celebration. The combination of Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight just makes my heart sing. There’s a representative from red, green, blue and yellow in this mix of colors – brilliant!
- Off-Center. With all its panels and borders, all of the rectangular panels on this card are perfectly centered. Yipee! Symmetry wins! That’s why it was so fun to boldly off-center my oval sentiment on the front of the card. I just love the way it looks – and even with that bold Watermelon Wonder shape off-to-the-side, everything is perfectly balanced. I think it’s because that super-vibrant paper steals your focus a bit. 🙂 Don’t you agree?
Stamp Sets: Endless Birthday Wishes, Project Life This is the Life Papers: Watermelon Wonder, Bermuda Bay, Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack, Whisper White Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Ovals Collection Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
MORE TOMORROW: Come back tomorrow. I’m sharing a quick video with more tips for perfect layering AND I’m sharing the measurements I used to create this fun card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t Miss This Amazing Opportunity to Join in June. During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 days.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.