Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for July. This month we are excited to show off the new 2015 – 2017 Stampin’ Up! In Colors, namely, Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. The In Color products include card stock, designer series paper, ribbon and other embellishments. We hope you find great inspiration from the projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds, number 7 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
- Painting the Background. I had a lot of fun sponging Tip Top Taupe ink onto this Tip Top Taupe piece of Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper. While there is a white piece of each pattern, I love that the 2015-2017 In Colors are also featured in this stack of papers. I used a sponge to add ink to this paper, leaving a much darker shade of Tip Top Taupe – but it’s still Tip Top Taupe through-and-through. What a fun technique to achieve a fun texture!
- Sloppy Snipping. There’s no need to overdo it when you snip out the leaves on this image – especially if you are about to cover them up with a flower. I snipped out the pieces I knew would pop out from the flower and left the center of the leaves intact. I love to snip – but I bypass it if I can’t show off my snipping skills.
- Softening the Colors. So, I’ve got Tip Top Taupe, Cucumber Crush and Watermelon Wonder on one card – that’s three of the five new colors. I added a little So Saffron the card (found in one of the banners and the 1/2″ Circle that’s covered with an Itty Bitty Accents Expoxy Sticker in the center of the flower) to soften the brightness created by Cucumber and Watermelon. That little touch of Saffron gave me the balance I needed on this card.
Stamp Sets: Birthday Blossoms, Remarkable You, Cottage Greetings Papers: Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper, Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, So Saffron, Whisper White Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Jet Black StazOn, Watermelon Wonder Accessories: Pansy punch, 1/2″ Circle punch, Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The next stop is Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom, number 9 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
Thanks for stopping by today!
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery
- Kimberly Sparks at Stampin’ Daisy
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie