One of the most exciting things about Stampin’ Up!’s Convention is seeing all the beautiful cards others make – and being able to share my handmade cards with others. While I get to share every single day on my blog, it different when you actually get to hand someone a card they can take home with them. While there’s certainly a lot of work that goes into creating swap cards, they can certainly be rewarding when designed for quick-and-easy assembly. Here’s the card I handed out at Convention:
Using this same layout as the card above (and as described in detail below), I made a variety of cards with the following elements:
- I made monochromatic cards using all five of the 2015-2017 In Colors.
- I showcased all four patterns in all the 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper Stacks.
- I used all three of the sentiments in the Expressions Natural Elements embellishments.
Here are the other four cards I created for my Stampin’ Up! Convention Swap:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Upgraded Natural Elements. One of the most noticeable elements (if not the most) on these cards is the glossy white wooden element that rests front-and-center on the card. While I love the natural look of the Expressions Natural Elements embellishments, I wanted white embellishments on my cards, so white embellishments I shall have! I’ll show you what I did to achieve this look in tomorrow’s post (including more pictures).
- Last Element Added. When I first set out to design this card, I had all the rectangular panels in place with a word sitting right on top of the front panel. There were no circles to accompany the layout. I was so happy with the simplicity of the design but also knew I needed something else. After playing around with different layers and adding banners, I landed on this pair of circles front-and-center. The added element gave me some much-needed roundness and a super-modern feeling. So glad I kept playing around with the elements until I found exactly what I wanted.
- Gratuitous Infinity Picture. You know how much I love “infinity shots” of cards I’ve made in duplicate, right? Of course I had to include one here to showcase the beauty of these cards when they were all done and ready to go. What a sense of relief it is to lay these cards out and bask in their done-ness!
Papers: 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper Stacks, 2015-2017 In Color Cardstock, Whisper White Accessories: Expressions Natural Elements, 2-1/2″ Circle punch, Circles Collection Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll come back tomorrow for my tips on converting these already-awesome Expressions Natural Elements.
Thanks for stopping by today!