The colors for this week’s Can You Case It? challenge really appeal to my Autumn-loving heart – browns, blues and yellows – how could this combination of colors NOT make you want to curl up with a blanket and a warm cup of tea? I love them together and couldn’t wait to sit down and make my project. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for this week’s Can You Case It color challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Gather Together. You already know I’m a sucker for a good font – and I love the combination of bold print with scripted text. I love the font used for this word “gather” found in the Project Life Seasonal Snapshot 2015 stamp set. Even if you don’t use Project Life, you should still give this stamp set a second look because it’s filled with some goodies you’ll wish you had. The sentiments were the draw for me, but the patterns and images were a huge and wonderful bonus.
- Retro Vibe. Aren’t the seventies defined by mustard yellow and chestnut brown? The retro-vibe of these colors sent me right to my Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper. I knew this flower-burst pattern would suit my retro-vibe well. I simply colored the patterns on this paper with my Stampin’ Write Markers. The combination of Mint Macaron with Hello Honey on this backdrop of solid black seems like wallpaper or a pattern you’d find on a polyester shirt. Although the pattern and colors are a throwback, they are also warm and inviting.
- Measurements. I don’t always give the measurements for the main components of my cards because I often whittle away at them until they are the size that visually works best. I also find there’s so much joy in playing with paper, and I don’t want to steal that joy from you by just handing out measurements all the time. 🙂 I was really happy with this layout, though, so I’m sharing my measurements today. Here they are, starting with the card base and working my way to the top:
- Hello Honey – 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Early Espresso – 5-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Whisper White – 5″ x 3″
- Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper – 4-7/8″ x 2-7/8″
- Early Espresso Banner – 3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Whisper White – 2-1/2 Circle punch
- Early Espresso – Circles Collection Framelits
- Whisper White – Circles Collection Framelits
Stamp Sets: Project Life Seasonal Snapshot 2015 Papers: Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper, Hello Honey, Early Espresso, Whisper White Inks: Hello Honey, Early Espresso, Stampin’ Write Markers (Hello Honey, Mint Macaron) Accessories: 2-1/2″ Circle punch, Circles Collection Framelits, Hexagon punch (for banner tip), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Can You Case It blog to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Global Design Project. If you missed yesterday’s entry for the Global Design Project, a new online card challenge site, please check it out here. As a Design Team member on this incredible challenge, I would LOVE for you to make a card and play along with us this week. Please. 🙂 All you have to do is create a beautiful card with Smoky Slate, So Saffron and Pink Pirouette – then post it online (a blog, Splitcoast Stampers, Pinterest) and connect it to the challenge. What a great way to share your creation with the world!
Paper Pumpkin – First Two Months HALF OFF. Have you noticed that the Paper Pumpkin kits have been AMAZING lately? It’s not too late to sign up and get 50% off the first two months, but this offer ends Thursday, September 10. You have to be a NEW subscriber (subscribers are defined by email addresses) in order to take advantage of this great offer. Click below to sign up now: