I love any opportunity to make a super-clean card that showcases one of the many beautiful pages of our Designer Series Papers. This week’s Can You Case It sketch gave me a wonderful opportunity to showcase this Christmas tree page from Merry Moments Designer Series Paper. Love it! Here’s my card:
And here’s the sketch for this week’s Can You Case It? sketch that inspired my card. When you are done reading my blog post today and taking in all of its warmth and beauty, I hope you’ll pop over to the Can You Case It? design blog to see the cards by the talented design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Merry Moments. In case you haven’t noticed, there are two Merry Moments Designer Series Papers – one is a 12″ x 12″ pack in the Annual Catalog, the other is a 6″ x 6″ Paper Stack in the Holiday Catalog. Here’s a quick summary of what’s found in both:
- Merry Moments Designer Series Paper (#138450, $11). This pack of 12″ x 12″ papers (2 each of 6 designs) is designed with a beautiful balance of Christmas colors – Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate on a Whisper White base.
- Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Stack (#139595, $8). Perfect for making lots and lots of cards with a similar pattern, this 6″ x 6″ stack of papers includes 48 pieces – 24 each of 2 designs. What a great idea, Stampin’ Up! These pages will come in handy for those of us who need to crank out a bunch of Christmas cards all at once.
- Am I Crazy? Don’t answer that. My first take on this card showed the panel of Christmas trees on the bottom half of the page and the Christmas Cheer sentiment on top. I had to switch them around because I felt like I was trapping the Christmas trees by placing a banner on top of them. Does that makes sense? I feel the same way about birthday candles – if there are candles on a card, I need some space above them – to stamp a word above candles is to set those words on fire. The little rules we have for what looks right to us…
- Color Combination. This seasonal combination of colors was pulled right from the pages of the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper. I’m really falling in love with Mossy Meadow – it’s the Garden Green of the 2015 Christmas Holiday Season. Paired with earthy Crumb Cake and bright Real Red, these colors are perfect!
Stamp Sets: Cheer All Year Papers: Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Inks: Real Red Accessories: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots, Hexagon punch (for banner tips), Stampin’ Dimensionals
Weekly Deals. It’s Tuesday! That means Stampin’ Up! has rolled out this week’s Weekly Deals. Yippee! If you are placing an order less than $150, please consider applying this Hostess Code to your order: M3BYUS9X. Note: You can always find the most recent Hostess Code by going to “Current Promotions” and “Current Hostess Codes,” Thanks!
To see this week’s Weekly Deals, CLICK HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today!