Welcome to the Pals November Blog Hop. We’re so thankful you stopped by! This month we are showcasing projects that feature Stampin’ Up! Thanksgiving or “thank you” products. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or you may have come from the previous blog on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you can enjoy each and every beautiful project.
Modern Vintage Leaves
Today is the second of two modern, clean cards I made this past weekend with Vintage Leaves – I shared the first one yesterday (you can see it here). Today’s card is a thank you card that uses the same set but offers another modern twist. Here’s my clean and modern project for today’s Pals Blog Hop:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Just Snip It. You might think I cropped this leaf with the Leaflets Framelits and glued it to the white panel, but no. That would be too easy. I stamped the leaf on a piece of Thick Whisper White. I lined up the leaf in the plastic cutting arm of my Stampin’ Trimmer, I cut a straight line to the top, center of the leaf, picked up the cutting blade and the cut straight down from the tip of the leaf stem. I fussy cut the leaf out of the side panel I had cut so that it’s one, solid panel. What fun!
- Thank You, Stamp-a-ma-jig. Vintage Leaves is a photopolymer stamp set, so it’s super-easy to stamp it exactly where I want it. The sentiment, however, is a red rubber stamp and required the assistance of my handy Stamp-a-ma-jig. The modern font sentiment is from One Big Meaning. In the stamp set, “thank” and “you” are positioned next to each other, but I used Scotch tape to isolate the images and my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get them right where I wanted them. If you want more information about isolating images on a stamp, you can see my video here.
- Color Combination. A couple of months ago, I featured Thanksgiving card with a deep red/bright orange color combination (you can see it here). For today’s project, I paired Cherry Cobbler with Tangelo Twist and added a touch of Crushed Curry. The colors work so well together and speak to the bright side of Autumn. If you like these colors, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Vintage Leaves, One Big Meaning Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Thick Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine Tango Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
BLOG HOP LINE-UP:
- Jennifer Michalski at Stampin’ Serenity
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian <—- YOU ARE HERE
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs