At our team gathering this past weekend, the group surprised me with a birthday party filled with cake, song and great cards. My birthday isn’t until next week, but I guess that’s what made it such a surprise. 🙂 One of the cards I received features Number of Years, a new stamp set in the Occasions Catalog. Julie DiMatteo made a strikingly gorgeous card with a new stamp set/Framelits bundle, a new punch, new Designer Series Paper and new baker’s twine. She wrapped them all with a color combination that wows. In today’s post, I’m sharing what I really love about Julie’s card and showcasing all of these great, new products. Yippee!
Here’s the incredible birthday card I received from Julie:
Do you love it? Not only is the card beautiful, but it’s such a fun use of the sentiments. And here’s a link to this card on Julie’s site so that you can see what Julie has to say about it after you take a look at my thoughts: Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie. Normally, I’d limit my comments to three things I really, really like about this card. Because this card features so many great products, I’m focusing on Julie’s use of these new items, and I’m not limiting my comments – I want to get through all of it.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Number of Years Bundle. I can’t wait to start playing with the Number of Years bundle from the new catalog. It includes an amazing stamp set and versatile collection of Framelits. At first glance, you might think this stamp set is all about birthdays – but you’d be wrong. This set is perfect to commemorate school grades, new home addresses and anniversaries, but the beautiful flowers make it perfect for almost any occasion. Julie used the stamp set to create the whimsical sentiment, and she used the dies to crop out the “29.”
- Balloon Bouquet Punch. The Crushed Curry balloons that accessorize this card are cropped from Balloon Bouquet Punch, a new two-balloon punch in the Occasions Catalog. While the balloons pair well with several stamp sets in the new catalog, she simply cropped the colorful paper with the punch. This complements the cropped numbers she used as the focal point of this card. I love when we have stamp images that pair perfectly with punches and Framelits, but it’s also nice when these shapes can be cropped from cardstock to give us a bold, wonderful image.
- It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack. Wowza! This Designer Series Paper Stack is line no other paper stack Stampin’ Up! has ever introduced before. It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack includes 48 sheets of 12″ x 12″ sheets – 12 double-sided designs in awesome, birthday-themed patterns. Balloons, confetti, candles…oh, my. With Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron and Crushed Curry, these colors are bright and festive. The Sahara Sand, Basic Black and Whisper White backdrops really help these colors pop.
- Baker’s Twine Combo Pack. As if stamp sets, papers and Framelits weren’t already enough, Stampin’ Up! is also offering Designer Washi Tape, Enamel Dots and Baker’s Twine in these beautiful colors. Stampin’ Up! has always offered baker’s twine in solid colors, pure white, white with a color or natural with a metallic thread. With this catalog, the It’s My Party Baker’s Twine Combo Pack is offered with a Basic Black/Mint Macaron combination and a Basic Black/Melon Mambo combination. I just love this alternative to the traditional twines – what fun!
- Fresh Color Combination. I love when a new Designer Series Paper defines a color combination that makes me fall in love with these colors all over again. I’ve loved Mint Macaron since it debuted in the Annual Catalog earlier this year, but I absolutely love it with Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry. If you weren’t a fan of this combination, you will be now. Feel free to save this:
I just love what Julie did with these new products. Her card is fresh, clean and filled with birthday celebration! I hope you’ll pop over to Julie’s blog to see what she’s sharing about this card. You can see her post here.
Stamp Sets: Number of Years Papers: It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack, Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Balloon Bouquet Punch, Baker’s Twine Combo Pack, Large Numbers Framelits Dies, Circles Collection Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!