I am so in love with paper crafting, and I’m fortunate that I can surround myself with other stampers I love. I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around because I am able to share the amazing work from these awesome artists on my Stampin’ Up! team (InKing Royalty). My team’s blog hops are a highlight for me – I’m always just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! Today’s So In Love Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that share ideas for Valentine’s Day or new products we love. We are excited to share what we’ve made and hope you’ll find great inspiration from our talented team members in this hop. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
For today’s love-themed Blog Hop, I decided to make a fun card that showcases several different products that are perfect for any Valentine’s Day project. I’m SO IN LOVE with all of these products that came together to make this cute card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
Rather than just TELL you all the products I used for this fun card, I thought I should SHOW you, so I created a fun diagram of each product used to create this card. You likely have many of these items already in your craft room. If not, there’s no reason you can’t get them. 🙂
- Puff of smoke. I don’t like to imply that a Volkswagen Bug would emit a puff of smoke. If it did, though, I’m almost certain it would be adorable like this heart-shaped puff from Sky is the Limit, one of the Limited Time stamp sets offered during Sale-a-Bration. This train of smoke pairs with an old biplane in the set – but I thought it would make an adorable addition to this love-themed card.
- Sentiments Combined. I didn’t feel right about just putting “LOVE BUG” on the card. Sure, it’s an adorable sentiment, but I wanted it to say something. Enter Something to Say stamp set – I masked the “love you” from “love you always” and then added “LOVE BUG” from Beautiful Ride stamp set (new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Occasions Catalog). If you would like to see my video on isolating images in a stamp set, click here.
- Sweet Color Combination. The background panels on this card were pulled from the Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack – Bermuda Bay and Pool Party. The backdrop of the card needed to stay super-simple so that the heart-filled car wouldn’t get lost. I adore this combination of colors – if you like it, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Beautiful Ride, Sky is the Limit, Something to Say Papers: Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack, Thick Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (heart), Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at StampCandy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at StampCandy
- Becky Volpp at Ink Blossom with Becky
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie