I’m excited to share this card that I made with one of my local stamp groups this week. While I was designing it, I knew this card would become one of my all-time favorites. In my [humble] opinion, this card showcases an handful of things I really love:
- a sweet and simple card
- a lovely color combination
- a fun sentiment (one of my favorites)
- a balance of frames and layers
I won’t make you wait any longer. Here’s my card:
- Balloon Builders. As I mentioned above, I love this sentiment – it’s from Suite Sayings, one of my most-used sets from the Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Catalog. This sentiment pair perfectly with this single balloon from Balloon Builders. I stamped the balloon texture with Bermuda Bay on Pool Party cardstock and punched it with the largest of the balloons in the Balloon Bouquet punch. What a quick and easy way to create a fun image! The photopolymer stamp set and punch are offered in a should-not-be-missed bundle in the Occasions Catalog:
- Stampin’ Write Marker. While Balloon Celebration comes with a string for the balloon (brilliant!), I wanted my balloon string to conform to the sentiment. Rather than try to bend that photopolymer image to my wishes, I decided to draw the string with my Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker. Although I purchased the marker as a part of the Many Marvelous Markers (one of the best investments in the catalog – click here to see it in my online store), the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker is one of a few available individually. Woo hoo! Since Smoky Slate is perfect for a balloon string, I wasn’t afraid my club would use up my ink – because I can buy it whenever I want it (smart planning on my part, huh?). Alternative lesson: you don’t have to buy the bulk of markers to get the one that’s perfect for balloon strings. 🙂
- Layers. This balance of layers really worked for me – especially with these colors. The layering allowed the top layer of the card small enough to avoid too much white space and gave just enough appeal to the backdrop. Because I know you like when I share the dimensions of the layers, I’m happy to share these (from the card base up):
- Thick Whisper White: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Pool Party: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Real Red: 3-1/8″ x 4-3/8″
- Whisper White: 3″ x 4-1/4″
Stamp Sets: Balloon Celebration, Suite Sayings Papers: Thick Whisper White, Pool Party, Real Red, Whisper White Inks: Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Stampin’ Write Marker (Smoky Slate) Accessories: Balloon Bouquet punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
What is Sale-a-Bration? Do you want to learn more about the huge benefits of Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Sales Event? I’ve created a blog page to explain it all – click here to learn more.
Weekly Deals. Stampin’ Up! releases new Weekly Deals every Tuesday – some of your favorite products at a discount for one week only (or while supplies last). To check out this week’s deals, click here.