I adore Linda Callahan, the host of this week’s sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. While I intend to butter up the judge with those nice words, those nice words are very true. Linda and I have become really close friends over the past year – she’s got a great sense of humor (and I love that). It’s always a bright spot in my day when I get to catch up with Linda and hear her laugh. I love Linda’s clean-and-simple style and the wonderful sketch she created for this challenge.
Before I share my card, I want to prove how close I am with Linda. Just look at this picture from last year’s World Card Making Day event (where Linda was a presenter). I’ve labeled us in the picture so you can find us in the midst of all these fabulous and talented folks:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Unusual Pairing. If you think Linda Callahan and I are an unusual pair, then you certainly wouldn’t expect me to pair these uber-sweet flowers from Number of Years with the graphic, modern sentiment from Sparkle & Shine. By stamping the sentiment with VersaMark and heat embossing it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, I softened the modern sentiment so it would pair perfectly with these flowers.
- Clean and Simple. Linda Callahan is a boss when it comes to clean and simple.
- Clean. While my cards are aesthetically clean, I use lots and lots of layers. This card has SIX layers of cardstock – that’s quite a bit. Each layer plays a role (every piece has an important contribution to the finished product), so the final card appears as one.
- Simple. The stamping on this card is very simple – not hard to do. The layering isn’t hard to assemble, but it’s quite a mathematical feat to find the sizes that work.
- Sweet Colors. These colors are as sweet as Linda Callahan. While Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride take center stage on this card, the somewhat-muted Wisteria Wonder and bright Daffodil Delight play and important role. If you like these colors, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Number of Years, Sparkle & Shine Papers: Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack (Blushing Bride), Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, VersaMark Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
In summary, Linda Callahan is great. I hope you’ll pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches design site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!