I’ve been able to share A LOT of amazing cards over the past two weeks from on Spring One-for-One Swap. What a thrill to share them all with you! Although it was sad that I had to mail them back out (those are the rules about a swap), it was such a treat to see so many beautiful cards with fun layouts, amazing techniques and great folds.
Today, I’m sharing a card that made me smile from ear to ear when I opened it. Cindy Brumbaugh has a wonderful energy that always makes me smile – she’s a joy to be around. Not only does Cindy Brumbaugh wow me with the construction of this gorgeous stair-step card, but every detail on this card makes me happy. Cindy lives between Pittsburgh, PA and Orlando, FL, but this card feels like a gorgeous Maine scene. So lovely! Here’s her card:
There are so many things to love about Cindy’s gorgeous card – now I’m going to share three things about it that really stand out to me (yes – I’m narrowing it down to three). This is hard work, people!
Three Things I Like
- Pattern on Pattern. I absolutely adore that Cindy “painted” this lighthouse from From Land to Sea using Work of Art. So smart! No fussy coloring, no crazy technique – just three stamped images that come together for a perfectly artistic scene. The brush of Soft Sky creates a beautiful burst of blue in the sky, and the band of Tip Top Taupe grounds the beautiful lighthouse in a bed of sand. Her use of Work of Art makes her card a … work of art.
- Structured Carefree. There’s such a beautiful “carefree feeling” about Cindy’s card – you can almost smell the crisp, ocean air. I love the soft bursts of color that give this card a wispy feel, but…there’s really nothing carefree about the design. Every piece of this card was carefully thought through and balanced – it’s so structured. Each panel is carefully and meticulously designed and executed. I’m amazed at how such a tightly designed card can have such a “throw caution to the wind” feel. Amazing.
- Colors. You know how much I love colors, right? They are super-important to the mood of a card. The colors on Cindy’s lighthouse card are PERFECT for this soft and serene scene. I adore the combination of Soft Sky and Basic Black, but the addition of Tip Top Taupe takes this card to an entirely new level. Love them all together – perfect balance of color.
Stamp Sets: From Land to Sea, Work of Art Papers: Soft Sky, Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe, Thick Whisper White, Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (Basic Black) Inks: Archival Basic Black, Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe Accessories: Black Baker’s Twine, Large Numbers Framelits Dies, Silver Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals
If you have missed any of the previous days of these swaps, be sure to check them out here:
- DAY ONE: Spring 2016 One-for-One Card Swaps
- DAY TWO: Spring 2016 One-for-One Card Swaps
- DAY THREE: Andrea Merlin
- DAY FOUR: The Royals (My Stampin’ Up! Team)
- DAY FIVE: Spring One-for-One Card Swaps
- DAY SIX: Lydia Fiedler
- DAY SEVEN: Spring One-for-One Card Swaps
There’s one more day of swaps! I hope you’ll come back tomorrow to help give this parade of cards a proper sendoff.
You can check out more of Cindy’s designs on her blog at CindyBeeLee Designs. Please leave a comment to let her know how much you adore her gorgeous card! Thanks for stopping by today!