Lisa Ann Bernard is hosting this week’s sketch challenge at the Pals Paper Arts, and she’s got a fun layout for us. I flipped her sketch on its side, which gave me to opportunity to play with the super-fun, ginormous cupcake from Sweet Cupcake. What fun! Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
And here’s the banner for Lisa Ann Bernard’s sketch that inspired my card:
But here’s how this fun sketched worked best for me:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Sweet Cupcake Bundle. While the Sweet Cupcake stamp might look a little abstract at first glance, the giant cupcake builds perfectly and is a wonderful accent for a card front. The sentiments that accompany this cupcake are really great, too, and can be used with other images. Don’t forget to check out the Framelits that accompany this set – two great Thinlits words (“sweet” and “wish”) and some great accents (look at that cute curly-cue die!):
- Build-a-Cupcake. There are so many ways to build a beautiful cupcake with this stamp set – each piece layers right on top of the others to make you look like you spent all day. Just look how festive the three cupcakes are in the sample above – what fun! I used a combination of colors that worked perfectly for my card – a pink mound of icing and a cupcake liner that matched my Designer Series Paper to a “t”.
- Festive Dots. The focal panel of this card features a piece of paper from the A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack – a Smoky Slate base with random, white dots. I punched some Flirty Flamingo dots from the Owl Builder punch (the teeny-tiny dots on the right side of the punch below) to add a little extra splash to the paper – customizing the paper made it a one-of-a-kind that pairs perfectly with my sweet cupcake.
Stamp Sets: Sweet Cupcake Papers: A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack, Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Thick Whisper White Inks: Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate, Archival Basic Gray Accessories: Cupcake Cutouts Framelits, Owl Builder punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
ONE DAY ONLY Paper Pumpkin Deal – STARTS TODAY. Have you ever thought about signing up for Paper Pumpkin but have put it off. Thursday is your chance – new subscribers (subscribers are determined by their email account) can get their first kit for $5. What are you waiting for?
- Starts June 9 at 5:00 PM (MT)
- Ends June 10 at 11:50 PM (MT)
To sign up for Paper Pumpkin, CLICK HERE and make sure you use the “ONEDAYDEAL” promo code.
I hope you’ll pop over to the Pals Paper Arts site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamp Sale and Open House. I’m hosting a sale of my retired stamps, punches, dies, papers and accessories on Saturday, June 11 in Atlanta, Georgia. Doors will open at 9am and will close between noon and 1pm. I hope that all of my retired items will have found new homes during those hours. 🙂 Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or directions.Trying to Narrow Down Your Wish List? I’ve shared two days of My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog. Perhaps my lists can help you narrow down your choices? You can check them out here and here.
Do you like free stamps? You’ll earn two from stamp sets when you buy Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit in June. What a great way to check off your wish list of the items you already want! Click on the picture below to read more about this awesome promotion.
Earn $35 Additional Stampin’ Rewards in June. Yippee! With qualifying orders of $35o or more, you can earn an additional $35 of Stampin’ Rewards to spend on whatever you want. Click on the picture below to read more about this great promotion.