Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog introduced us to five new In Colors: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum. What a beautiful collection of versatile colors! Today’s Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that feature each artist’s favorite new In Color. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Thankful Thoughts in Dapper Denim
My card today features several elements of Dapper Denim – ink, cardstock and Designer Series Paper. This sweet-and-simple card really helps me to showcase the beauty of this brand new In Color:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Thankful Thoughts. I love sentiments – I love beautiful scripts and great sayings. What good is a card if it doesn’t “say” something? Thankful thoughts is a great, new set with a wide variety of ways to say “thank you” – from casual to formal. While my original intention was to crop this huge “thank you so much” with a circle (it fits perfectly inside the largest circle from the Layering Circles Framelits), I wanted to give my Layering Ovals a little love. So happy with how perfectly the sentiment works inside the ovals, too.
- A Beautiful Moroccan Backdrop. I think you’ll agree that this diamond-speckled paper from Stampin’ Up!’s Moroccan Designer Series Paper is gorgeous. I’ve been excited to use this page since the Moroccan DSP first made it’s way into my home. Here’s a heads-up – this pack of Designer Series Paper is filled with “save-this-page-for-an-important-moment” pages. They are all rich and beautiful. Check them out:
- Doubling Up on the Oval. Our colored cardstock is thick enough to not buckle when lifted up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Whisper White and Very Vanilla are iffy at best. With such a large oval, I didn’t want to risk that this card would arrive with a crumpled sentiment, so I doubled up on the Very Vanilla oval. After I cropped the sentiment, I cropped another piece of Very Vanilla with the same Framelit. I simply glued them together to add the thickness I needed to take that worry off my plate. You have to line them up perfectly (that’s harder to do with an oval than it is with a circle), but I did it. I’m no longer worried about the crumpled sentiment.
Stamp Sets: Thankful Thoughts Papers: Moroccan Designer Series Paper, Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla Inks: Dapper Denim Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Next Designs. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Becky Volpp at Ink Blossom with Becky
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB