It’s time for some fun in the sun with the Pals! Glad you could join us for the Pals Summer Sunshine Blog Hop! You’ve probably hopped over from Lori Martin’s blog, I’m stop number 20 on the Pals Hop and I’m glad you hopped in! I’ll help you “hop along” from blog to blog where you’ll find great ideas for summer themed Stampin’ Up! projects from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals!
The beauty of summer is found in the colors and textures of nature – the bright yellows of the sun’s rays, the delicate touch of a flower’s petals, the firm textures of woody trees and twigs. To celebrate summer, I made an adorable wooden gift box with Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Fancy Favor Bigz XL die. I love how the heavy-weight Specialty DSP appears embossed with a glossy wood grain texture – it adds a nice touch to this little gift box. I brightened up the wooden box with a belly band of Floral District DSP and a small strip of Daffodil Delight card stock and then adorned the belly band with a faux suede flower. To add a touch of summer sun to the gift box, I created a fan with the Designer Rosette Bigz XL die and Floral District DSP.
Below is a close-up of the texture I created on the flower and belly band:
Here are some helpful tips to help you achieve this same look:
- Add a simple touch of scoring. In the center of the Daffodil Delight band around the box, I added two scored lines. It’s a simple and lovely way to add a subtle elegance to any project.
- Add texture with faux suede. After I punched the flower from Soft Suede card stock, I rolled the image (from center to tip) with a bone folder. Really dig into the card stock to break down the fibers in it. Work your way around the flower several times until you can gently pull the card stock apart, leaving the inside texture of the card stock exposed. Layers and layers of faux suede in both Soft Suede and Daffodil Delight really add a special texture to this flower.
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes Paper: Natural Composition Specialty DSP, Floral District DSP, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Whisper White Ink: Soft Suede Accessories: Designer Rosette Bigz XL, Fancy Favor Bigz XL, Bitty Banners Framelits, Perfect Pennants Bigz L, Blossom Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Bitty Buttons, Early Espresso Baker’s Twine, Bone Folder, Sticky Strip
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from Maxine Conrad’s blog, stop number 21 on the Pals Summer Sunshine Blog Hop! Thanks for “hopping” by!
Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you’ll be back on track.
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Angie Blake at AngiesMusings
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Marian Kay at All Aboard the Crafting Train
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Scrap With Susan
- Shannon Jaramillo at ezpeasycards
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Jen Takacs at Stamped in Full
- Kimberly Deacon at Delightful Stampin
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Kim Luithle at Kims Stampin Stuff
- Lori Martin at The Rejoicing PaperCrafter
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the Max
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp