Several current stamp sets have really large sentiments that take center on any card creation. From My Heart (in the Annual Catalog) and Heart of Christmas (from the Holiday Catalog) immediately come to mind. It’s still possible, though, to design a beautiful card around the large sentiment. Today’s challenge was to create a card with Heart of Christmas, a stamp set I purchased during Stampin’ Up!’s 15% off sale a couple of weeks ago. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders:
- Stamp it twice. With most of the large stamps, it’s important to mix-it-up a bit and add a special touch so that the image stays interesting and appealing. In this card, I stamped the image in Old Olive and again in Cherry Cobbler. I trimmed the Cherry Cobbler image and layered it on Cherry Cobbler card stock. I then added it back to the image stamped in Old Olive to add dimension to the image.
- Add shape to the sentiment. I pulled out all my framelits and dies to determine which shapes best showcase this sentiment. I tried them all (even the Floral Frames Framelits) but really liked how the Apothecary Accents Framelits showcase this sentiment. The Oval Accents Bigz Clear die then fit nicely around the framelit.
- Don’t forget the texture! After everything was stamped and cropped, I wasn’t happy. What was missing? Texture. I’m going to assume you knew the answer to that question since the title of this section was, in fact, “Don’t forget the texture!” Oh, you are good! I embossed the Oval Accents shape with my Chevron Embossing Folder. Better, but it still needed something. I reached from my Boho Blossoms punch and pearls to add some flowers to nicely fill out the rest of the card.
Stamp sets: Heart of Christmas Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Old Olive Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Oval Accents Bigz Clear die, Boho Blossoms punch, Chevron Embossing Folder, Pearl Basics Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Don’t leave just yet! I have several other things I want to tell you about. It’s a quick list, so please read on.
- Monday is the start of Stampin’ Up!’s Online Extravaganza. Stampin’ Up! is slashing prices on many items (20%-50% on select items) for a week, and several big items are one-day only. Click on the picture below to see what’s on sale:
- Don’t forget about my ribbon share. I’m hosting a Current Catalog Ribbon Share, and I’d LOVE for you to reserve a seat at the table. Click here to learn more about the ribbon share. the picture below to learn more:
- Holiday One-for-One Card Swap. Time is running out, so please drop your card in the mail this weekend if you would like to participate in my Holiday One-for-One Card Swap. You send me a card (and SAS envelope), and I send you someone else’s card. Fun! Click here to see more information about the swap and to see how you can participate.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I enjoyed hanging out with you.