Thank you for joining us for the March Pals Blog Hop! Today the Stampin’ Pretty Pals are excited to share new ideas and projects to get you ready for Spring.
You should have just left stop number 11 on the Pals Hop – Kerry Willard Bray at stampgoodness. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Chick-Tac-Toe Travel Game
Every Spring, our extended family gathers in South Carolina for our annual Brown Family Reunion. When my brothers and I were very young, Mom would pile us all into our Gumball Green Volkswagen Van to make the trip from Georgia. That was well before the invention of DVD players and headphones that keep children occupied these days. I can’t imagine the agony Mom must have gone through to keep three boys busy for the whole trip.
For today’s Spring Blog Hop, I have created a magnetic tic-tac-toe game that’s perfect for any car trip. Do I hear quiet children? The tic-tac-toe board is glued to the lid of this tin (I picked it up at The Container Store over the weekend), and the “tokens” can be stored inside the lid. Fill the container with crayons, little books or other attention grabbers, and you can all expect to have a great trip.
Flatten the pop top lids. I flattened the pop top lids by running them through my Big Shot (it essentially rolls the pointed edges down). Here’s the sandwich I used (worked like a charm!): Multipurpose platform set on no tabs, standard cutting plate, pop top with jagged edges pointed up, standard cutting plate.
I then stamped five pink chicks and five green frogs, cropped them with my 1″ Circle punch and glued them in. I added magnets to the back of the lids. Woo hoo!
Stamp set: Spring Sampler Inks: Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade Papers: Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper, Brights Designer Series Paper Stack, Whisper White Accessories: Soda Pop Tops, 1-3/8″ Square punch
That egg means you’ve found another blog candy giveaway! Please be sure to leave a comment on this post by 6 PM EST on Thursday, March 14. One recipient will be chosen at random from the comments received. I will announcthe winner on Friday morning at 5 AM EST. The recipient will need to email me their mailing address within 24 hours to receive these goodies. Blog candy can only be shipped to a US address — thanks for understanding.
The next stop is Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards, stop number 13 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
- Dawn Tidd at tiddbitsfromdawn
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty –
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin’ & Stampin’
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Ann Schach at The Stampin’ Schach
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Kerry Willard Bray at stampgoodness
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jennifer Takacs at Stamped in Full
- Carmen Sublasky at The Creative Stamptuary
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin’ Affair
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Ginger Toivonen at gingerstamps.com
- Amy Williams at Stampin’ on the Range
- Shannon Jaramillo at ezpeasycards
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought…Cards by Amy
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!