By now, you’ve already spent some quality time with your Stampin’ Up! 2013-2014 Annual Catalog. The pages of your book are earmarked, and your sticky notes are already curling up on the edges. You’ve tried to make your “wish list” a couple of times, but you keep stopping part way through because it’s WAY TOO LONG. How in the world are you going to trim it down? I want to make things a little easier for you by giving you the first 5 stamp sets you should buy. You’re welcome. 🙂 Yesterday, I shared my 5 Favorite Things (so it was really 6 items) in the catalog – today I am shining the light to the stamp sets. So, here’s my list of the 5 new sets you can’t miss [make a drumroll sound by lightly beating your hands on the desk in front of you]:
- Sentiments. With only a few exceptions, cards need some sort of sentiment. As Suzie said to me last night, “I need to build up my sentiments, but it’s just so easy to get distracted by cute, fun and lovely sets.” This catalog is chock full of great sentiment sets, which is awesome! (I see Colleen nodding her head in agreement.) My favorite sentiment set? Lots of Thanks (page 29). We can never say “thank you” enough, and this awesome set gives you LOTS of great styles for any note – modern, cutesy, elegant…they’re all here. Thank you, Stampin’ Up!
- The Adorable Factor. One of the first sets to grab my attention in the new catalog was Zoo Babies (page 54). I don’t make a lot of baby cards, but how can you resist these sweet babies? This set is on its way to me now, and I can’t wait to ink it up and start playing around with it. Such wonderful, tiny patterns in each of these images! Check ’em out!
- Bundle set. Because Mosaic Madness and Label Love were a part of our demonstrator pre-orders, you’ve seen lots of great projects featuring these bundled sets. As I said before, Stampin’ Up! listed to our requests for great bundles in this catalog. Let’s all give a big “woo hoo!” for bundles! I’ll wait while you scream….OK, possibly my favorite bundle in the catalog is the less-talked about Flower Shop (stamp set on page 94, bundle on page 95). Just like the reason why I chose Lots of Thanks, this floral set has a little bit of everything – modern, rustic, beautiful – and it doesn’t get much easier than a coordinating hand-held punch.
- Hostess set. When I talk about all the things I love in this catalog (and believe me when I say I can talk and talk and talk), I always mention my love affair with this year’s hostess sets. Rarely do I ever feel the urge to collect so many of the hostess sets. This year, there’s a real incentive to place a hostess order (either combining orders or placing a big’un by yourself. There are amazing sentiment sets (Banner Greetings and Express Yourself), but I’m really in love with Morning Meadow (page 203). My mind races with ways to use this set, so rest assured you’ll soon be seeing some projects with it.
- Personalized stamps. Stampin’ Up! really “brought it home” with this year’s selections of personalized stamps, too. Here’s the problem – I can’t pick just one. My favorite (and I don’t have a picture to show you here) is Casual Monogram Stamp (center of page 135). MUST have it. Important note about the personalized stamps – you can’t order them directly through your online account (a demonstrator has to enter the request for you), so you have to plan for these (makes them special). 🙂
BONUS: There’s only one stamp set in the catalog that forces me to make an annoying noise every time I see it. I smile and then begin saying “weeeooo weeeooo”. Such fun! This set, too, is on its way, and I can’t wait to ink it up. It’s a kid’s stamp set, but you better believe I’ll be working with this set – You’re My Hero (page 51):
What do you think? Did I share something you’d not seen until now? Did I leave something important off my list? What are your favorites? What do you just HAVE to have?
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!