Stampin’ Up! demonstrators are allowed to pre-order from catalogs before the products are available to the public. My Stampin’ Up! pre-order came this week, and I am working on some great projects from the Occasions Catalog (to be released on Jan. 3). Before I can share those projects, though, I have more Holiday One-for-One Card Swaps to share. Today, I’m really excited to share today’s project by Kevin Boyer, and I think you’ll agree that it’s pretty wonderful.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Gate Fold with Interlocking Ovals. I love a good gate fold card. I have seen several gate fold cards that use interlocking shapes to hold the card shut, and I love them. When I first opened this card, though, Kevin’s shapes were so perfectly interlocked (everything looked so secure on the card front) that I didn’t even realize her card was a gate fold card. Then, like a Transformer, the card began to unfold before my eyes. I guess Kevin’s expert sponging and shading distracted me from construction of her card.
- Straws. I love coffee, but I don’t typically sip my coffee with a straw. That said, these little striped straws are so adorable that I’m able to get past the logic of it all. It’s simple – a couple of quick strips of Season of Style Designer Series Paper create a perfect addition to this holiday cup of joe.
- Additional Coffee Inside. I’m often guilty of spending all my creative energies on the front of a card and not really paying much attention to the inside (other than, of course, writing a nice sentiment). Once I opened Kevin’s card, I realized she included little coffee stains with Gorgeous Grunge. That little addition is so important to upgrade this card even further.
That’s it! I’ve limited my “likes” to three. Of course I could share many more, but those are my three favorite things about Kevin’s card. Please let Kevin know how much you love her card, too, in the comments below.
There are still more Holiday One-for-One Swaps to share, so please be on the lookout. If you missed the other posts, please check them out here:
- Three Things I Like: Lisa Poe
- Holiday One-for-One Swaps: Day One
- Three Things I Like: Paula Berkbigler
- Holiday One-for-One Swaps: Day Two
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
CLICK HERE to order Stampin’ Up! products 24/7.
Let me be your Santa. Do you want to make sure you get exactly what you want for Christmas? Send me your wish list and then point your loved ones to me. They get to pick items you like, but you’ll have no idea which items you are getting. How fun! Please email me at email@example.com if you want to play along.