I’ve been eyeing a new card challenge blog, The Card Concept, who just debuted their first challenge this past week. Their color challenge is a mix of pinks and browns, which is right up my alley, but I couldn’t quite tie down a concept until I laid eyes on this week’s Clean and Simple challenge from The Paper Players – a single-layer Valentine’s Day card. This super-clean card came to life the very moment I combined the two challenges:
And here are the challenge banners from The Card Concept and from The Paper Players:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- A Striped Border. I love the simplicity of these architectural lines. For starters, there are three lines on the horizontal and three lines on the vertical. You know how I love my threes. With a straight-edge and the brush tip of my Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride Stampin’ Write Markers, I created these lines, intentionally keeping the darkest lines on the top and right of the others.
- Crumb Cake Notecards. I didn’t set out to make a notecard-sized card – it just happened as I played around with the design, colors and concept. In the end, the card is perfectly sized for one of Stampin’ Up!’s Crumb Cake Notecard Envelopes.
- A Simple Sentiment. I just love this sentiment from Happy Watercolor. “You Make me Happy” is everywhere in Stampin’ Up! stamps these days, but I love, love, love it. I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso and then carefully added the blossom from Petal Parade (a Sale-a-Bration stamp). It looks like the flower blooms right out of the “k” in “make,” doesn’t it?
Stamp sets: Happy Watercolor, Petal Parade Papers: Very Vanilla Inks: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Stampin’ Write Markers (Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
CLICK HERE to order Stampin’ Up! products 24/7.
Sale-a-Bration. You are in for quite a treat with this year’s Sale-a-Bration. What’s Sale-a-Bration? Sale-a-Bration is Stampin’ Up!’s annual sales event (this year it lasts from January 28 to March 31) during which customers have a great opportunity to earn awesome, exclusive products. Here are three great ways to take advantage of Sale-a-Bration:
- Earn free products for purchases. For every $50 in purchases, customers are able to choose a free product from a selection of exclusive stamp sets, kits and other products. The selection of products is really great this year – the best I’ve seen.
- Join Stampin’ Up!. If you have ever thought about joining the Stampin’ Up! family, this is your time. Not only will you earn a discount on the product you want, but you’ll be a part of a wonderful, supportive group. If you’ve ever thought about joining, I’d love for you to reach out to me at email@example.com so I can help you plan for Sale-a-Bration.
- Hostess Benefits. When you purchase more than $150 in Stampin’ Up! products, you earn hostess rewards for free items of your choice. During Sale-a-Bration, you have an opportunity to earn extra hostess benefits for large orders and large parties. If you’d like to gather orders from friends (whether or not they live near you, shipments can go directly to them), I would love to help you earn the extra rewards.