There are many types of cards – let’s see, you’ve got thank you cards and birthday cards and sympathy cards. Sometimes, though, you want a card that tells a story or represents a very personal event. Today is one of those days – there’s more of a story behind the card than the card, itself, tells. Here’s my card:
- Color Combination. This combination of Basic Gray, Hello Honey and Whisper White is perfect for a masculine card – there’s still color but there’s not too much. This yellow is mellow enough to not offend his masculine senses – but how can you go wrong with a mustache. I mean, really.
- Off-center Panel. I was fully prepared to center the white panel over the honey panel. I set the panel down to grab my Stampin’ Dimensionals. When I came back, the panel was resting in the bottom, right corner. I liked how it looked, so I decided to mount the panel in that corner. I played around with candy dots in the top, left corner. I couldn’t decide, so I put it to a popular vote (I cast the only ballot). Based on my feedback, I decided to leave them off.
- Layered Mustache. There are two mustaches on this card – one is cropped from Basic Gray cardstock, and the other is cropped from the Hello Honey Designer Series Paper. I glued down the gray and popped up the honey. It creates the look of a shadow beneath the mustache.
So, what does it all mean? If you’ve seen me in person this month, you already know – and it ain’t cute. 🙂 A mustache has happened. Along with hundreds of men in my office, I am growing a mustache during the month of November to raise money for and to raise awareness of men’s health issues – prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues.
Did I mention it ain’t cute? Here’s a little peek at how not cute I’m looking right now:
So, what does it mean to you? Maybe nothing. But maybe…just maybe…it means something to you. How can you donate?
- Support My Stache Growth. During the month of November, you can make a donation to men’s health issues on my fundraising site (click here). Everyone who makes a $25 donation will receive a special thank you card from me.
- Grow Your Stampin’ Stache. Starting now (and through the weekend), I will donate 10% of every online order I receive to this cause.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Atlanta Crafty Consignment Sale. I shared pictures of SOME of the items I’ve received for my Crafty Consignment Sale next Saturday. To see the pictures I shared or learn more about the event, click here.
One-for-One Card Swap. Don’t forget about the Holiday One-for-One Card Swap. This is your chance to share your best Holiday card with a stranger – and receive a beautiful card in return. For more information, click here.