After a short break from the Holiday One-for-One Swaps (I have to have time to share my creations, too), I’m excited to share another “Three Things I Like” card from the swaps. From the moment I pulled Diana D’Arminio’s card out of its envelope, I was in love. It’s difficult for one card to stand out in the pile of gorgeous cards I received (the remainder of these amazing swaps will be shared this weekend), but Diana’s card pulled at my heart-strings for several reasons. I am happy to share her card and offer three things I like most about it. Here’s Diana’s card:
Was I wrong? I’m just in love with it. And here are three (yes, I limited it to three) things I really, really like about Diana’s card:
- Honoring the Patterns. The first thing I notice about this card is the bold use of patterns. These pieces from Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper are perfectly paired here – one has defined, colorful images, while the other is more intricate and abstract. Both patterns could be overwhelming by themselves, but they really work well together. Will all the busyness in the background, your eye is drawn right to the sentiment that allows the white space to sing.
- Beautiful layers. How can you NOT notice the beautiful layering Diana has achieved on this card? I’m in love with the tight, tiny borders – I love to play with small borders, too (you can see my video on creating “wow” borders here)! These borders really frame Diana’s card perfectly.
- Color Balance. The colors in this Designer Series Paper could be overwhelming if not complemented the right way. Diana balances it all perfectly. The small pop of Calypso Coral around the edges really pulls from the ornaments in the paper – as does the use of Soft Sky around the sentiment and the thin strip down the middle of the card. No color is left out, and no color is overpowering.
Stamp Sets: Mingle All the Way Papers: Garden Green, Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Nordic Noel Designer Series Paper Inks: Cherry Cobbler Accessories: 2″ Circle punch, 2-1/2″ Circle punch, Circles Collection Framelits, Pearls Basic Jewels, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Project Life Corner Rounder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I think you’ll agree that Diana’s card deserves a big “wow”. Please leave her a comment below to let her know how much you love it. If you missed the other Holiday One-for-One Swaps, please check them out here:
- Holiday One-for-One Swaps: Day One
- Three Things I Like: Maria Rodriguez
- Holiday One-for-One Swaps: Day Two
The remaining swaps will be shared this weekend – you don’t want to miss them.
Thanks for stopping by today!