Welcome to the first Pals Blog Hop of 2015. We hope your new year is off to a great creative start. To celebrate the start of a new Stampin’ Up! year, we are showcasing products from our newest catalog this month – the Occasions catalog. You may also see new Sale-a-Bration products too. If you don’t know how to earn free Sale-a-Bration products – contact your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator to learn more.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from #19, Laurie Chilton at Stampin’ Ink. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
I Know Love
I can view products in the catalog and look at samples made with new items all day long, but there’s nothing more exhilarating than sitting down to play with the new stamps. I always find things I didn’t expect to find once I really begin using my stamps and investigating their images and textures.
Today I am sharing a card I made with two new items from the 2015 Occasions Catalog. Can you guess which stamp sets I used? One is likely one of the most popular stamp sets in the catalog, and the other is perhaps overlooked (but filled with possibilities):
I couldn’t love this sentiment more – it’s such a lovely thing to say to someone, and the scripted font is gorgeous. As such, it deserves a beautiful backdrop. I also love the combination of pinks and browns. I combined Crisp Cantaloupe and Soft Suede cardstock and ink – and added a little Blushing Bride to capture softer pinks.
Please enjoy this video that explains all components of this card and the technique I used to create this beautifully textured background:
If you are as jazzed as I am about this pink-and-brown color combination, feel free to save off this color inspiration chart:
Thanks for stopping by today!
The next stop on the Pals Blog Hop is #21, Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com. Thanks for visiting and I’ll see you next month.
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Michelle Quinno at Shell’s Life
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin’ Ink
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian <— YOU ARE HERE
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits From Dawn
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Pamela Sadller at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon