Welcome to the February Pals Blog Hop. This month we are sharing what we love – our favorite Stampin’ Up! products and our favorite crafting techniques.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
Customizable Designer Series Paper
I love Stampin’ Up!’s color families, and I adore our Designer Series Papers. The combination of the two makes me a little bit nutty. Lately I’ve been rather obsessed with a collection of papers that allow us to make our very own, customized papers – Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper, Back to Black and Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack. With markers or daubers or sponges, we can convert these awesome papers into our very own creations.
I filmed a video about this very thing for yesterday’s post – CLICK HERE to watch it now. For today’s project, I customized a piece of black-and-white Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack to give it a new life. Here’s my project:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Customized Paper. As I mentioned above, there are so many ways to customize black-and-white papers to achieve the look we want. This detailed pattern from Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack was especially fun to play around with. I selected three colors (Real Red, Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana) and then colored the tiny heart in the middle of each shape. I created alternating rows. Super-fun with not a lot of room for error. The options are endless!
- Customized Ribbon. Stampin’ Up!’s 5/8″ White Organdy Ribbon is a wonderful accent to any formal card – it’s so shiny and silky. Slap a strip of washi tape over the silky part, and you can dress this ribbon down for any project. 🙂 The arrows on this Retro Fresh Designer Washi Tape coordinate so well with this sentiment and give me the perfect means to ground this sentiment so it isn’t just floating out there.
- Color Combination. I do love a fresh and fun color combination. I paired Real Red and Calypso Coral (both very big in this year’s Valentine’s Day paper) with Coastal Cabana for some added brightness. If you like this combination, too, please feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: You Plus Me Papers: Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack Inks: Jet Black StazOn, Stampin’ Write Markers (Real Red, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana) Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits, 5/8″ White Organdy Ribbon, Retro Fresh Designer Washi Tape, Hearts Border Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
The next stop is Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I’ll see you next month.
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of you
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- September Gray at www.septembergray.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers