Yesterday I shared a card I made a couple of weeks ago but didn’t share until yesterday. Why did I wait so long? Well, I liked the card so much that I decided to make multiples of the card – several to my team members who’ve really exceeded their goals this year and one to a demonstrator friend who helped me out in a real pinch. I don’t often make cards in multiples, so this was a big deal. Today I wanted to share some ideas for using Stampin’ Up! products to coordinate with a special card.
For starters, here’s the card I shared (you can click on the card to see yesterday’s post):
Each of the team members received a t-shirt – I earned the shirts during a Founder’s Circle Challenge last year and couldn’t wait to get them out to these folks. The card was made, and I had to figure out a cute way to tie the card to the gift. I decided I could wrap the gifts without heading to the store to buy boxes and wrapping paper. I really wanted to use supplies I already have and challenged myself to wrap it with Stampin’ Up! products for a perfect coordination.
Here’s what I came up with:
Here’s what I did to wrap this perfectly coordinated gift:
- I wrapped the shirt in white tissue paper (this is not a Stampin’ Up! product, so don’t start flipping through your catalog). 🙂
- I wrapped a 6″ band of Sweet Dreams Designer Series Paper around the wrapped shirt (it just so happens that the folded ends of the tissue paper were perfectly tucked under the band of paper. I used a paper that kept with the colors in the card (although it’s a lighter shade, it’s still Lost Lagoon).
- I added a 3″ band of Lost Lagoon – I used a strip of paper from my 12″ x 12″ pack of In Colors.
- I tied it all off with a piece of Hello Honey 5/8″ Quilted Cotton Ribbon (I used Hello Honey 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon on some of the gifts).
- I slid the card under the belly band.
I didn’t get a picture of the shirts (they were already wrapped in clear plastic when I received them), but one of my team members posted this picture of the one she received in our private Facebook chat:
Stamp Sets: Crazy About You, Hip Hop Hooray Card Kit Papers: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Whisper White Note Card, Sweet Dreams Designer Series Paper Inks: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey Accessories: In Color Accessory Pack (Lost Lagoon Thick Bakers Twine), Extra-Large Oval punch, Hello Honey 5/8″ Quilted Cotton Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Clearance Rack Updated! Stampin’ Up! has updated the Clearance Rack – just in time for you to pick up items at up to 80% off AND earn Sale-a-Bration rewards. Who doesn’t love that?!? To see more, please click here.
Join during Sale-a-Bration. During Sale-a-Bration, customers earn free product, hosts can earn free product and you can earn free product when you join my team. You can choose between two Sale-a-Bration items or one of the kits in the Occasions Catalog when you buy the Starter Kit ($125 of your choice of product for just $99) during Sale-a-Bration. If you’ve EVER wanted to earn a discount on Stampin’ Up! products, here’s your chance. Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss further with me – I’d LOVE to talk with you. To buy the Starter Kit, please CLICK HERE.