I use my Hexagon punch all the time to create perfect banner tips on my projects – that punch is a staple on my craft desk. When it comes to punching hexagons, though, I must admit that the punch remains a bit unused. Since the punch is always out, I challenged myself to use the punch this past weekend, and here’s what I came up with:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Sweet Sentiment. Do you recognize this sentiment? While I’ve seen many projects with the image that coordinates with this sentiment, I’ve not seen one with just the sentiment – and I LOVE this sentiment (if we can’t find a way to love one another, can we at least be kind?). It’s from Love is Kindness – the single stamp with the beautifully wrapped tulips. Because I was challenging myself to use the Hexagon punch, I was happy to see how perfectly the sentiment fits inside the small shape. A little heart from my Confetti Heart Border Punch balances the image perfectly.
- Painted Blooms. There’s a 12″ x 12″ page in Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper that’s an entire page of beautiful flowers. Some have simply framed it as beautiful wall art, while others have cut the paper into six pieces to create a beautiful backdrop for a stack of cards. I cut into this page to create a continuous image in hexagons. I’ll share more about that tomorrow.
- Color Combination. I love the colors created in this Designer Series Paper. Luckily, I was able to pull a section of several of these colors from this image: Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky and Blackberry Bliss. Are they not gorgeous together? If you, too, like this combination, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Love is Kindness Papers: Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky, Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Rose Red Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Hexagon punch, Confetti Heart Border punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
FREE SHIPPING IS HERE! Stampin’ Up!’s FREE SHIPPING is in full force. From now until Friday (April 10), all orders are free of shipping charges. Woo hoo! Of course you’ll pick up a couple of stamp sets or Framelits, but there’s more. While shipping is FREE (did I mention it’s free?), here are some other items you might stock up on during this great promotion:
- Cardstock – you’ll need it sooner or later
- Stampin’ Dimensionals – you can never have enough
- Adhesives – SNAIL refills, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Fast Fuse, 2-Way Glue Pens
- Stampin’ Trimmer Replacement Blades
- Big Shot Cutting Plates
- 2013-2015 In Color products – they might all be retiring soon, so get them while they’re still available
Get more. One more thing – you can still earn Host Rewards for purchases greater than $150 during the Free Shipping. Why not?!?
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance with anything.