With a combination of Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum, this week’s Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge will have you smelling purple. OK, that might not make sense right away, but…. Seeing red – makes sense. Feeling blue – makes sense. Since purple is simply a mixture of red and blue, then it seems there should be a sensory saying for purple. I think “smelling purple” is really going to catch on! Mark my word – you’ll soon see it everywhere. Here’s my card:
- Lacy Petals. When I ordered Petal Potpourri from the Occasions Catalog, I knew there’d never be a reason for me to use the lacy image from the set. It’s not often that I use doilies or lace, so I dismissed it right away. Not nice! When I sat down to create a border for this purply card, this image gave me just what I needed. The moral of the story? Buy lots and lots of stamps – you never know when you’ll need one you didn’t think you needed. You’re welcome.
- Juicy Edges. The first image I stamped on this card was the brilliant sentiment from Painted Petals. This set features beautiful flowers that appear to be water colored and three GREAT sentiments you don’t want to miss. I simply LOVE this one. Anyway, I stamped it with a super-juicy Blackberry Bliss, so I ended up with blurry edges. It wasn’t intended, but I liked it so I just kept stamping. I wonder if I could recreate that look again. 🙂
- Tall and Thin. I do love a standard 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card base, but I also love to mix things up with different card sizes every once in a while – what an exciting life I lead if that’s what keeps me on my toes, huh? This card is 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. I create an envelope with my Envelope Punch Board and Regals Background Designer Series Paper Stack – the envelope is just a tad bit wider than necessary and opens at the top to coordinate with the layout of the card.
Stamp Sets: Petal Potpourri, Painted Petals Papers: Blackberry Bliss, Perfect Plum, Whisper White Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Pals Paper Arts Challenge to see the cards by the other design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
FREE SHIPPING IS HERE! Stampin’ Up!’s FREE SHIPPING is in full force. From now until Friday (April 10), all orders are free of shipping charges. Woo hoo! Of course you’ll pick up a couple of stamp sets or Framelits, but there’s more. While shipping is FREE (did I mention it’s free?), here are some other items you might stock up on during this great promotion:
- Cardstock – you’ll need it sooner or later
- Stampin’ Dimensionals – you can never have enough
- Adhesives – SNAIL refills, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Fast Fuse, 2-Way Glue Pens
- Stampin’ Trimmer Replacement Blades
- Big Shot Cutting Plates
- 2013-2015 In Color products – they might all be retiring soon, so get them while they’re still available
Get more. One more thing – you can still earn Host Rewards for purchases greater than $150 during the Free Shipping. Why not?!?
Please email me at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance with anything.