What a week! With all the sales and blog hops (there were two!) this week, I’m happy to share a super-simple thank you card. Nothing too fancy, and nothing too flashy. Just beautiful colors in a fresh layout with a classic sentiment. I made lots of these cards to send to my top customers during Sale-a-Bration. I used Stampin’ Up!’s Notecards (with coordinating envelopes), so it was really fun to pull these together as a quick “thank you”.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Layout. This layout has been living with me for a couple of months. I received an adorable “I Freakin’ Love You” card from Pam, my direct upline and friend, in February with this exact layout. I set it aside and knew I’d make cards for my team or customers with this adorable, one-panel-three-banner layout. It sat on my desk, just waiting to be used. Coincidentally, a couple weeks later, this sketch showed up int he CAS(E) this Sketch challenge: Does someone over there have a camera in the Fungeon? 🙂
- Regarding Dahlia. At first glance, you might not even see the dahlia peeping over the edge of this panel. The flower was definitely an after-thought on this card, but it really brings everything together perfectly. My plan was to leave the entire panel white (except for the sentiment), but I live with an open mind and knew it needed something else. I think the pale yellow flower (it’s stamped in So Saffron) was the thing I needed. I’m going to miss this super-modern and groovy flower – I also love the sentiments in this set. If you don’t have it, this might be a good time to pick it up:
- Banner Selection. The three banners are punched with the Banner Punch from Sale-a-Bration’s Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper. The two palest banners are placed on the outside – with the yellow banner (it’s a light shade of Crushed Curry) on the bottom to balance the yellow flower in the top, left. The deepest Calypso Coral banner was placed in the center to balance the colors – squint, and the Calypso Coral banner makes sense there. Now, send me a nickel. 🙂
Stamp Sets: Another Thank You, Regarding Dahlia Papers: Notecards, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (Sale-a-Bration) Inks: Calypso Coral, So Saffron Accessories: Banner Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Spring One-for-One Swap. Yesterday, I announced my Spring One-for-One Swap. If you haven’t participated in one of these, NOW is the time. It’s a great way to share your work with others and receive a beautiful card in return. I’ll even share the projects on my blog – you don’t want to miss out on this! There’s not a lot of time to mail your card to me, so start preparing your beauty. 🙂 For more information about this swap, please check out this post.
IN WITH THE OLD & OUT WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.