A week ago I shared a clean-and-simple Thinking of You card with a bold butterfly on the front and a unique combination of colors (you can see that card here). A couple days later I was excited to see that Cindy Hall selected my card as her Freshly Made Sketches favorite – an honorable mention for last year’s sketch. What an honor to be selected by such a talented artist and friend! It’s always wonderful to be recognized for cards I share. Thank you, Cindy!
My card for this week’s sketch challenge is just as clean as last week’s but has many more layers. Here’s my card:
And here’s this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge that inspired my project:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Choose Happiness. This sentiment is from Choose Happiness. There are so many beautiful images in this stamp set (that’s why I bought it), but it’s this sentiment that I keep reaching for. I make the daily, conscious choice to be happy. We have to remember to find the bright side of every challenge we face. Sure, it’s easy to get bogged down with worry, and it’s easy to complain about the things around us (not many are fans of Mondays, and no one likes change), but we can’t let those things bog us down. That’s why I love this sentiment so much – it’s a simple and friendly reminder that we have that choice.
- Perfect Patterns. My original idea for this card included the Hello Honey zigzag pattern from Sweet Dreams Designer Series Paper – the large, bold zigzags were to bring such a positive energy to the card. Unfortunately, though, the large pattern overwhelmed the sentiment. I tried a couple of other papers before landing on this tiny pattern from the 2014-2016 In Color Background Designer Series Paper Stack. The small pattern works perfectly to bring in the Hello Honey without overpowering the sentiment.
- Color Combination. I’m absolutely, positively in love with this color combination of Crumb Cake, Basic Gray and Hello Honey – I’ve used a very similar combination before in this Christmas card (I used Crushed Curry instead of Hello Honey), but I just might like this combination better. If you like this, too, please feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Choose Happiness Papers: Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, 2014-2016 In Color Background Designer Series Paper Stack Inks: Jet Black StazOn, Stampin’ Write Marker (Hello Honey) Accessories: Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to Freshly Made Sketches to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
IN WITH THE OLD & OUT WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.
Spring One-for-One Swap. I have announced my Spring One-for-One Swap. If you haven’t participated in one of these, NOW is the time. It’s a great way to share your work with others and receive a beautiful card in return. I’ll even share the projects on my blog – you don’t want to miss out on this! There’s not a lot of time to mail your card to me, so start preparing your beauty. 🙂 For more information about this swap, please check out this post.