I have been heads-down in the Fungeon for the past two days. When all those boxes arrived at my house on Thursday, I knew it was time to get started with sorting and cutting for my product shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books. What a great way to familiarize myself with the GORGEOUS patterns and colors in the papers! While preparing these shares and getting them ready to mail out, my new things laughed at me and taunted me from their temporary homes (the boxes that sit on the floor). After lunch, I took a quick break to make this card:
- Sketch inspiration. As soon as I saw this sketch on the Freshly Made Sketches, I knew the GORGEOUS bough of flowers from Timeless Love would represent this partial circle that overlooks the rest of this sketch. While the bough is not a complete circle, your imagination doesn’t know that – so it looks as though these beautiful flowers belong to a very sweet wreath. I knew I’d place my sentiment on the front, small panel – and guessed I’d just have an unadorned panel for the third shape. I was right! Just a little color on the panel was enough.
- Easy Coloring. The flowers were so much fun to color – and anyone could do it. I pressed the lid of my Classic Stampin’ Pad to gather a little ink in the lid. I dipped my Blender Pen into the pooled ink and lightly painted the flowers, pulling mostly from the middle of the flower toward the outside of its petals. So easy! I added a couple So Saffron flowers and Pear Pizzazz leaves to incorporate a little bit of color with the Pink Pirouette.
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock. After trying to decide if I wanted to mount this card on Sahara Sand or Pink Pirouette (those were my only choices, right?), it occurred to me that my new shipment included Stampin’ Up!’s new Thicker Whisper White cardstock. Score! That’s exactly what this card needed – I felt as though I’d won the lottery when I confirmed that the paper is, in fact, Whisper White and that it’s perfect for the base of a card. If this isn’t on your wish list, please add it now. It’s really quite amazing!
Stamp Sets: Endless Love Papers: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand Inks: Jet Black StazOn, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz Accessories: Blender Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Please pop over to see the cards by the Freshly Made Sketches design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge here.
Thanks for stopping by today!
During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 day.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.
If you want more information about membership in my Stampin’ Up! group, please email me at email@example.com. If you are ready to join, click here.