Have you ever watched cooking shows on TV? The chefs who host these popular programs often show how to make quick-and-easy meals that don’t seem quick-and-easy. With just a little bit of work, you get to take “all the credit” for an amazing meal. Yippee! Who doesn’t want to get credit for going above-and-beyond (even when they didn’t)? Today’s card is a quick-and-easy card with a beautiful appeal. Looks like a lot more work went into it than actually did – but I won’t tell if you won’t tell. 🙂 Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Watercolor Thank You. Watercolor Thank You is a single stamp that debuted in last year’s Annual Catalog but carries over to this year’s book. I love the font, and I love the texture in it. Sentiments with large words are perfect to fill the space on a card front – you have less work to fill-in the rest of the card if you start with a large sentiment. Layered on two ovals, the sentiment fills an even bigger space on the card front. Woo hoo!
- A Soft Backdrop. The Watercolor Thank You sentiment is beautifully textured like the words are actually painted with a brush, but I wanted to add a little bit more. In inked up the watercolored leaves from Sheltering Tree with Pool Party, stamped them off once and then added them behind the sentiment. I layered this same image from Sheltering Tree in a video I shared earlier this year. You can see that video here.
- A Band of Blue. The sentiment on this card is positioned near the bottom of the card – while the band beneath the sentiment is not centered on the card front, the sentiment is centered over the band. That band runs right under the center of the oval and wraps itself around the underlying layer. Wait! No. This might look like ribbon that wraps around the layer, but it’s actually just a couple of strips of card stock. Simple addition with great effect.
Stamp Sets: Sheltering Tree, Watercolor Thank You Papers: Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Whisper White Inks: Lost Lagoon, Pool Party Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope this super-simple project will inspire you to churn out some easy cards that look complicated. Your friends can get a beautiful, handmade card, and you get to take credit for something more complicated than that. Our secret. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by today!
During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 day.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.
If you want more information about membership in my Stampin’ Up! group, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join, click here.