Before I share my project for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I want to thank Narelle Farrugia for creating such an awesome sketch last week and for selecting me as King of Clean in that challenge.
If you missed my project, check it out here. I play along with challenges for the the inspiration (it’s always nice to have a defined starting point), but it’s always a thrill to be selected.
And here’s the challenge banner that inspired my project:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Coloring Designer Series Paper. At first glance, you might not recognize this patterned paper – it’s a black-and-white piece from Go Wild Designer Series Paper Stack. I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color in alternating stripes and then added a strip to the side of this card front. I’m wild about the color combination and how fun it was to color these strips. In February, I filmed a quick video about customizing Designer Series Papers – you can see it here.
- Remarkably Snippy. It’s been a while since I’ve snipped a sketched image – it’s a favorite pastime for me. The images in Remarkable You just scream to be paper snipped and pieced onto a card front. All of the images have sketched lines that allow for a rough snip that looks amazing.
- Three Dots. When I was “done” with my card, I was left with [what felt like] a gaping hole in the top, right corner. The new White Perfect Accents were a perfect solution – I colored them with a Black Sharpie Marker and glued them down. Tip – I positioned the right one first, then the left one. That allowed me to easily balance the middle accent between the two for perfect placement.
- Color Combination. You already know I love good color combinations. One color from each family will usually work well for me – in this case, I picked Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe and Pear Pizzazz (I would classify them as Brights, Neutrals and Subtles).
Stamp Sets: Remarkable You Papers: Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White, Go Wild Designer Series Paper Stack Inks: Jet Black StazOn, Stampin’ Write Markers (Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe, Pear Pizzazz) Accessories: White Perfect Accents, Hexagon Punch (for banner tip), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over Freshly Made Sketches to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Are You in Round Two? Did you miss out on my first round of product shares? If you want to get in on this wonderful way to get a portion of a lot of stuff, join in today. For more information (or to sign up), click here.
During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 day.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.