Sandy Mathis is hosting this week’s color challenge at The Paper Players – and it’s a good one! Real Red, Pool Party and Island Indigo. What a great spin on the traditional collection of patriotic colors – just in time for Fourth of July! Of course, it would be easy to not go patriotic, too, but I felt inspired. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Layering the star. This fun star was the “icing” on top of this cake, but I’m going to talk about it first. When layering a small punch inside a larger punch, I suggest starting with the small one and then punching with the larger. I punched a star with the star from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I lined up my Medium Star punch over top and punched it out. Perfect! I punched another Medium Star with Pool Party and then glued one on top of the other – it’s easy to line up because the shapes are the exact same. Thanks so much, punches.
- Masking the sentiment. I am deeply in love with this font and would like Stampin’ Up! to make every single word in this font. Please. It seems that every time I use this stamp I mask the words beneath it – I do love that I have flexibility. If you’d like to see my video about Isolating Images on a stamp, click here. I even used this stamp in this video.
- Creating a Chevron Pattern from Striped Paper. I did the (not-so-complex) math to transform diagonally striped paper into chevron paper some time ago. I’ve shared it many times, but with the introduction of this striped paper in the new backgrounds patterned papers (Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stack), I thought it would be a good idea to reintroduce this fun “playing with paper” technique.
Stamp Sets: Fabulous Four Papers: Island Indigo, Real Red, Pool Party, Subtles Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stack (Pool Party), Whisper White Inks: Real Red Accessories: Medium Star Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (star), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to The Paper Players to gander at all the cards for this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Are You in Round Two? Did you miss out on my first round of product shares? If you want to get in on this wonderful way to get a portion of a lot of stuff, join in today. For more information (or to sign up), click here.
Join in June. During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 day.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.
If you want more information about membership in my Stampin’ Up! group, please email me at email@example.com. If you are ready to join, click here.