I love when good things happen. I also love a quick-and-easy card that uplifts the recipient. I’m thinking about you. I’m proud of you. Good things are going to happen. What great reasons to send a card to someone you care about! Today’s project is a simple, straightforward card with an uplifting message. What’s not to love about that? Here’s my card:
I’m adding my card to the great cards on Paper, Ink and Stamps challenge site – a new challenge created by my buddy Justin Krieger. Here’s the challenge banner:
It’s fitting because I’m in love with the You’ve Got This stamp set, the Lots of Labels Framelits and the Thick Whisper White card stock. In love.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Good Things. This sentiment is from You’ve Got This – a beautiful stamp set that’s packed full of supportive and friendly sayings. I love them all – and it doesn’t hurt that the font is just beautiful, does it? I stamped it on Thick Whisper White card stock (LOVE) and punched it with a 1-3/4″ Circle punch. I didn’t layer any card stock behind it – why? Because I didn’t have to. 🙂
- Lots of Labels. I adore these new Lots of Labels Framelits – a great tool for showcasing a standard sentiment – or “hanging” a banner over the edge of a card front. I cut the Watermelon Wonder card stock and Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack with the framelits, glued them on top of each other and then cropped the end off. I wrapped some new Bermuda Bay Thick Baker’s Twice around the banner and under the sentiment for an added “wow.”
- Tone-on-Tone. I normally love to add layer upon layer to a card front. For this card, though, the central banner needed to be the focal point. As such, I decided to let the Bermuda Bay piece of Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper fade into the base of this card. No borders to steal focus. The tone-on-tone effect helps to make my focal point pop.
Stamp Sets: You’ve Got This Papers: Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack, Bermuda Bay, Watermelon Wonder, Thick Whisper White Inks: Watermelon Wonder Accessories: Lots of Labels Framelits, 1-3/4″ Circle punch, Bermuda Bay Thick Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to Stamps, Ink and Paper to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Are You in Round Two? Did you miss out on my first round of product shares? If you want to get in on this wonderful way to get a portion of a lot of stuff, join in today. For more information (or to sign up), click here.
Join in June. During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 day.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.
If you want more information about membership in my Stampin’ Up! group, please email me at email@example.com. If you are ready to join, click here.