I love when two online card challenges can come together, resulting in a very happy Brian. Today’s project combines the theme challenge from Claire Broadwater at The Paper Players with the sketch challenge from Julee Tilman at Mojo Monday to make one super-sweet card. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banners for the challenges that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- So Sweet. To create the “You’re so sweet” sentiment on the front of this card, I masked one of the stamps from the You’re So Sweet stamp set. To see my video that shares tips for isolating images on a stamp, click here. This set is designed to coordinate with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies to make lots of super-fun treat bags. The You’re So Sweet set is offered in a bundle (one of many great bundles in the catalog):
- Framed. If you’ve ever painted a room in your house, then you know what a difference it makes to then give your baseboards, crown molding and door frames a once-over with crisp, white paint. The fresh, white borders really help the colors on the wall to pop. That was the look I was going for when I bordered everything on this card with white. The 2-1/2″ circle of white around the sentiment is cropped from Thick Whisper White, while all the other borders are cropped with Whisper White card stock.
- Color Combination. I’ve reached for Watermelon Wonder A LOT since it first made its way into my life. It’s so bright and so cheery. I toned it down a bit by combining it with muted Basic Gray and Lost Lagoon. The pairing really works for me – if you like it, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: You’re So Sweet Papers: Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack, Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon, Watermelon Wonder Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Hexagon punch (for banner tips), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to see the cards by the design team members (click on either of the banners above to go directly to the sites) and to play along with this week’s challenges.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t Miss This Amazing Opportunity to Join in June. During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 days.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.
If you want more information about membership in my Stampin’ Up! group, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join, click here.