I love when two online card challenges can come together, resulting in a very happy Brian. Today’s project combines the theme challenge from Claire Broadwater at The Paper Players with the sketch challenge from Julee Tilman at Mojo Monday to make one super-sweet card. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banners for the challenges that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- So Sweet. To create the “You’re so sweet” sentiment on the front of this card, I masked one of the stamps from the You’re So Sweet stamp set. To see my video that shares tips for isolating images on a stamp, click here. This set is designed to coordinate with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies to make lots of super-fun treat bags. The You’re So Sweet set is offered in a bundle (one of many great bundles in the catalog):
- Framed. If you’ve ever painted a room in your house, then you know what a difference it makes to then give your baseboards, crown molding and door frames a once-over with crisp, white paint. The fresh, white borders really help the colors on the wall to pop. That was the look I was going for when I bordered everything on this card with white. The 2-1/2″ circle of white around the sentiment is cropped from Thick Whisper White, while all the other borders are cropped with Whisper White card stock.
- Color Combination. I’ve reached for Watermelon Wonder A LOT since it first made its way into my life. It’s so bright and so cheery. I toned it down a bit by combining it with muted Basic Gray and Lost Lagoon. The pairing really works for me – if you like it, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: You’re So Sweet Papers: Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack, Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon, Watermelon Wonder Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Hexagon punch (for banner tips), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to see the cards by the design team members (click on either of the banners above to go directly to the sites) and to play along with this week’s challenges.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t Miss This Amazing Opportunity to Join in June. During the month of June, Stampin’ Up!’s new Join promotion gives you LOTS more reasons to smile – one of those reasons is that you get TWO FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE with the purchase of your $99 Starter Kit. $99 gets you $125 of product (your choice), 2 free stamp sets, free shipping and 30% off your first $150+ order in your first 45 days as a demonstrator. YIPPEE! You also earn a 20% discount on your purchases (with potential for increased discounts). Joining MY team gives you access to an amazing online community, daily inspiration, monthly online gatherings and…well…me. 🙂
- $125 of amazing product of your choice + free shipping for $99.
- 2 free stamp sets of your choice.
- 30% off the first $150+ order in your first 45 days.
- an ongoing 20% discount on your purchases.
- access to amazing community and daily inspiration.
- monthly online gatherings.
- no risk to ever host a workshop and no penalty to drop.
If you want more information about membership in my Stampin’ Up! group, please email me at [email protected] If you are ready to join, click here.
Love your “white crown molding” reference . . . so true, so true. When I looked at your card I thought, I never use white to layer. Looks great.
What a fabulous DSP! I agree with Nancy that you hit the nail on the head by using white to layer this one. Just a gorgeous card Brian and a “two for” is always a good thing! Hope your Wednesday is as fun as you are! 🙂
Love the white framing. And it looks like you scored some lines perpendicular to the banner (I’m on my phone right now and can’t see for sure.) Brilliant! And great color combo!
Awesome card combining both challenges Brian, I love the embossed lines on the blue panel.
Thank you for sharing. 🙂
Love the white borders. As my mother used to say, “White goes with everything.”
Beautiful card Brian. These colors work really well together. I never would have thought to use them together, but I will now. Great job
What a great way to combine this two challenges Brian, love the sweet color combination and the 3 scored lines on your blue panel, are a fabulous detail!!!!!
What a fabulous and oh so pretty!!! Thanks for adding your video….using the tape is less messy than the scotch tape ….. Provided, as you said, you remember to remove it before stamping…lol!
Oh Brian – You do have such an eye for design! ADORE the three scored lines, and as everyone mentioned above, the white framing really gives this card a great finishing touch. Framing with just an 1/8th of an inch of black or white makes all the difference in the world! You rocked both the challenges – the sketch and making it about a summer treat. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!
What a SWEET card Brian! Congrats on your achievement award. You rock!
Brian, this is just fabulous! I love the DSP for your summer treat! Cakes goes with every season! The white border is perfect to make your card pop and the scored lines add so much detail! I am so glad you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX
This is fabulous! Love how the white matting makes each layer pop. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!
The white really defines each layer and works so well with those fabulous summery colors. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.