What an incredible time of year! The gradual change in weather instinctively reminds me of all the amazing people and things in my life. I love that I’m able to share my artwork with you each and every day, and I’m thrilled that I have an amazing team of artists who share their work with me. My team’s blog hops are a highlight for me – I’m always amazed at the projects they share – such amazing talent from wonderful people.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled with inspiring projects that share the gratefulness of the season. Whether you are ready to celebrate Thanksgiving this week or just feel reflective of the things that make you thankful, we are sure you’ll find great inspiration from our talented team members. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’ve shared a lot of Thanksgiving projects over the past couple of months – I love the colors of Fall and the beautiful imagery of dry leaves and bare trees. For today’s So Grateful project, though, I created a quick-and-simple, but oh-so-effective, thank you card with beautiful paper and sentiments. Here’s my project:
So the card is not an over-the-top Autumnal project, but it really defines my style of stamping – lots of sweet layers of cardstock with very little, overall fuss. Still, the entire project is planned out and every element has a purpose.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- So Many Great Products. I didn’t realize it until after my card was complete, but my project combines so many of my favorite products – Happy Happenings Stamp Set, Go Wild Designer Series Paper, Circle punches (I used the 2″ Circle punch), White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and Archival Basic Black Ink. Without even trying, I managed to get all of these things – for which I am very thankful – into one card. Still, the card is super-simple and (in my humble opinion) very appealing.
- Finding Balance with Shapes and Colors. It only took a few measurements and a little careful trimming to crop the right size panel for the backdrop of this card and the right thickness for the band of cardstock down the right side. I knew I wanted a Basic Black circle for the “thank you” sentiment and to continue the sentiment on the Tip Taupe band. I just wasn’t certain about how big the circle should be or where to place it for perfect balance. I originally cropped the sentiment with a 2-1/2″ Circle punch (too big) and re-cropped it with a 2″ Circle punch (just right). I positioned the circle a little to the left of the band – which happened to be the center of the card front. Everything seemed perfectly balanced there when I squinted. 🙂 If you missed my video about my “patented” squinting technique, you can see it here.
- Rich Color Combination. The Go Wild Designer Series Paper Stack is filled with gorgeous patterns in just three colors: Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe and Whisper White. Why try to change things? Some would deem these colors “masculine,” but these gorgeous color are perfect for a card that’s intended for a man or a woman. If you like them, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Happy Happenings Papers: Go Wild Designer Series Paper Stack, Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: 2″ Circle punch, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Becky Volpp & Megan Quillen at Ink Blossom with Becky
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Candy Ford at StampCandy
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Sharon Walker at Stamp with Sharon W
HUGE SALE GOING ON NOW! Don’t forget about Stampin’ Up!’s HUGE Sale Going on Right now! Don’t miss out on these amazing prices on the products you already love – some of these items are marked 50% off. Check out the amazing variety of products on sale right now by clicking the picture below: