Today’s project is one of those “I woke up from a nap with this idea in my head” creations. I really wanted to create a fun and whimsical card with this unique background, but thought the colors I ultimately chose (Tip Top Taupe and Mossy Meadow) informed the classy feel of this card. Here’s my project:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Kissy Kissy. The background for this card is the result of several trial-and-error attempts to create something beautiful by “kissing” two background stamps. Here’s how I created it – SO SIMPLE!
- I inked up the thatched background stamp from You’ve Got This with Tip Top Taupe and stamped it off once on a piece of scrap paper.
- I inked up Dots for Days background stamp with Mossy Meadow.
- I pressed the two stamps together, transferring the green dots to the thatched image from You’ve Got This.
- I stamped the You’ve Got this Stamp on Whisper White card stock.
- Just a Little Lop-sided. When I cropped the pieces for this card, I was going to frame it all with straight borders. To add a little pizzazz, I made the last-minute choice to make the green panel crooked. In the end, the white panel with the sentiment and banners is still lined up perfectly with the landscape card base, but the green layer adds a little intrigue, don’t you think? The banners, incidentally, were created by punching a strip with the Washi Label punch and then adding banner tips with a Hexagon punch.
- Color Combination. While I’m a huge fan of Crumb Cake for the Holidays, I had Tip Top Taupe right next to me when I was creating this card. I was really happy with how much Tip Top Taupe accented this green and red combination. If you like this combination or want to give it a try, please feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Six Sayings, You’ve Got This, Dots for Days Papers: Tip Top Taupe, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler Accessories: Washi Label punch, Hexagon punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!