Wowza! I announced my 2016 Occasions Catalog Product Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books yesterday, and you responded in force. I’m thrilled that you are as excited about these new papers and ribbons and embellishments as I am. If you didn’t sign up for a seat in my shares or didn’t order a set of Swatch Books, there’s still time. Please CLICK HERE for more information or to sign up.
As a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I’m able to purchase the wonderful and new items that will be included in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Occasions Catalog. What a great perk! The simple 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ card I’m sharing today includes a peak at FIVE new products from the upcoming catalog and a color combination I adore. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- What’s New Here? What new items did I use on this project? Can you identify all five? I’ll give you a hint – even though this card is all about a lovely cup of tea, I didn’t use the A Nice Cuppa stamp set (it didn’t occur to me until I was done). Here are the new items I used on this card:
- Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack. So many cute patterns (mostly about tea and coffee). There are also a lot of hearts in this set of papers – great for almost any occasion.
- You’re So Lovely Stamp Set. This stamp set coordinates with the You’re So Lovely Project Kit, a kit that makes 12 cards and 12 bags with tags. The stamp set includes a lot of great, all-occasion sentiments and the simple, sketched banner that pairs with the banner Framelit.
- Large Number Framelits Dies. The dies in this set of Framelits are perfect for birthdays and other celebrations. There’s a banner die, in the set, though, that coordinates with lots of banners in other stamp sets (like You’re So Lovely) – this set of Framelits should definitely be on your “must have” list.
- Birthday Blooms Stamp Set. While the big flowers and great sentiments take center stage in this stamp set, there’s also a string of tiny hearts that I used to create a sweet pattern around the top of the tea cup – stamped in Bermuda Bay on Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies. This set of dies coordinates with the A Nice Cuppa stamp set but can certainly hold it’s own. Tea cups and a coffee mug with all the details and trims to go with it. I used the tea cup Framelit and the delicate heart of smoke Thinlit in this project.
- Off-Center. While the square layers on this card are centered, I opted to not center the tea cup and banner. I placed the cup in the lower, right corner of the white layer. The cup is so off-center that the banner, which is centered on the cup, extends beyond the square layer. I’m not exactly sure why the tea cup looks best placed here – I moved it around quite a bit before settling on this placement – but it just seems “at home” here.
- Sweet Colors. You don’t have to look far to find this fresh and sweet combination of colors – this combination was lifted right from the Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack. While the patterned paper I selected only includes Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White, I pulled the other colors from the stack into my card. If you like this color scheme, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: You’re So Lovely, Birthday Blooms Papers: Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Bermuda Bay Accessories: Large Numbers Framelits Dies, Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
I mentioned my Project Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books at the start of this post. Here’s a picture of the books you’ll receive when you order these books – just $20 (and free shipping). To order, CLICK HERE.