Welcome to today’s Sale-A-Bration Farewell 2016 Blog Hop! What fun! While I wasn’t able to participate in the first blog hop last week, I’m thrilled to hop along with Part 2. 🙂
Wow! If you continue along the hop (and I hope you will), you’ll be hopping around to 8 countries and will visit 15 amazing Stampin’ Up!® Independent Demonstrators, each with an inspirational project for you to enjoy. Sale-A-Bration ends March 31, and we’re getting ready to say ‘farewell’ to what’s been fantastic Sale-A-Bration of 2016. Currently you’re visiting Brian King in the United States. You can continue hopping by using the list of names at the end of this post.
A Sparkly Birthday
If you know me, then you know I don’t have a passionate love affair with glitter. While I think it looks pretty in pictures (or inside a glass box), as a general rule I don’t want glitter around me. Not. A. Fan. The Metallics Glitter Tape that Stampin’ Up! introduced February 15 for the second half of Sale-a-Bration, though, is different. This stuff is easy to work with and King-approved. I used the glimmer tape to create a sparkly background for this card:
- Glittery Goodness. Don’t you love this fun-and-festive balloon? Not only does that balloon shine, but I created a gold and silver backdrop by taping down strips of the Glitter Tape. Best of all – I didn’t create a huge mess with it at all! Score! With just a $50 order by the end of March, you can select this Metallics Glitter Tape – three rolls (gold, silver and white) – as your Sale-a-Bration gift. Does it get any better than that?
- A Simple Image. The face of my card is super-clean (if you don’t consider the specks from the Red Glimmer Paper balloon…). I masked a sentiment from Amazing birthday to remove a handful of “happy”s – not sure if I can justify that it was a “handful” of words, but I’m going with it. I then drew a balloon string with a Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker – these are sold as single markers, and you should pick up several to have on-hand (you’re welcome). I then popped up the balloon (cropped with the Balloon Bouquet punch) with Stampin’ Dimensionals. How easy is that?
- A Grand Color Combination. What’s black-and-white and red (and gold and silver glitter) all over? You guessed it! Today’s card! The thick panels of Basic Black cardstock (I usually create thinner borders) help to ground all the shine on this card. I love these colors together – if you like them, too, feel free to save this as a reference:
Stamp Sets: Amazing Birthday Papers: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Marker (Smoky Slate) Accessories: Sale-a-Bration Metallics Glitter Tape (gold and silver), Balloon Bouquet punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for visiting today! If you’ve not seen last week’s part 1, you can start hopping that one [here – make this link to your part 1 url]. The next stop on the farewell hop is, Jacque Williams. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
FULL LIST OF DEMONSTRATORS ON TODAY’S HOP
- Kylie Bertucci
- Sarah Berry
- Constanze Wirtz
- Bibi Cameron
- Valerie Lo
- Michelle Last
- Erica Cerwin
- Tracy May
- Brian King <—– YOU ARE HERE!
- Jacque Williams
- Erna Logtenberg
- Renate Ecklmayr
- Teneale Williams
- Jennifer Pauli
- Caroline van der Straaten