Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for April 2016. We are thankful you stopped by! This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Congratulations on Your New Home
What a special moment it is to move into your first home to create or build a family! Families share wonderful experiences and amazing transitions together, but moving and settling into a new home can be stressful (is that an understatement?). For today’s family-themed blog hop, I thought a lovely, handmade card would be a great way to celebrate a family’s transition into their new home. Here’s the card I made:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Welcome Words and Bravo. I just love these three little houses from Welcome Words – there are only three, but I stamped them three times to create a beautiful row of homes. By coloring them with different, non-traditional colors, these homes are whimsical and inviting. All nine of these little homes line up perfectly on top of this “congratulations” from the Bravo photopolymer stamps set. You should have seen the smile on my face when I realized how perfectly these two stamp sets came together. 🙂 Here’s a peek at these two photopolymer stamp sets:
- Sweet Color Combination. When you want soft and sweet, there’s nothing like the combination of Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky and Pink Pirouette. Add in a touch of bright Daffodil Delight, and you’ve got a perfectly sweet color combination. These houses are perfect in these wonderful colors, and they all look wonderful against the backdrop of hearts on Wisteria Wonder. If you like this combination, too, feel free to save this:
- Don’t forget the Envelope! When you create your very own card, it’s super-easy to coordinate the envelope with the card. I stamped the same three houses on the front corner of the envelope and left them uncolored. The image gives the recipient a hint at what’s inside the envelope without giving away too much. Such an easy way to add a special touch!
Stamp Sets: Welcome Words, Bravo Papers: Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, Basic Black, Have a Cuppa Designer Series paper Stack, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky) Accessories: Banner punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian <—-YOU ARE HERE!
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Karen Zaring Browning
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Debbie Crowley at Expressivley Deb